Astana Medical University is also known as AMU. It is a prime medical institution for medical education located in the capital city Astana, Kazakhstan. Astana was established in the year 1997. Earlier, it was established as Akmolinsk State Medical Academy. However in 2009 it was renamed as Astana Medical University.
Astana is the preferred as the primary choice of many international students seeking low-cost MBBS education in European nations. AMU is one of the most popular medical universities of Kazakhstan which ensures a higher quality of education and enhanced way of learning medicine. Universities always introduce the latest technologies and advanced medical equipment for better learning experience.
It has all the latest equipment for studies and advanced study curriculum and world class infrastructure. Astana has received accreditation by the Ministry of Education and Science, Kazakhstan. Also it is recognized by the NMC, WHO and UNESCO. AMU provides all major courses at bachelors and masters level.
The registration process for MBBS will be open from the beginning of July and lasts till August. Thus, Indian students seeking admission in AMU will have registered themselves before 31st August to get confirmed MBBS seats.
Highlights of University
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, MBBS program.
|Six years including one year internship.
|Medium of Teaching
|Minimum fees structure
|3800 USD for the first year. Fees from 2nd to 5th year remain the same.
|12th qualification with 50% marks in PCB subjects.
|NEET-UG qualification is required.
|AMU is recognized by WHO, NMC and UNESCO
|14th rank in Kazakhstan.
MBBS Course Duration
Astana Medical University MBBS course duration is six years. The complete course comprises one year internship and five years academic studies. The five year studies are focused on pre-medical, para-medical and clinical studies. However in the last one year students will get trained practically in different associated hospitals.
Courses offered at AMU
Astana Medical University provide Bachelor and Master’s courses in different faculties such as;
1. Faculty of General Medicine.
2. Faculty of Dentistry.
3. Faculty of Pharmacy.
4. Faculty of Preventive care.
5. Faculty of nursing.
6. Faculty of Public Health.
7. And, faculty of Post-Graduation.
Astana Medical University Fees structure
Pursuing MBBS from Astana Medical University is quite cheap. The affordable fees structure of AMU attracts many students from different countries to pursue medicine. The overall cost of studying in Astana is much affordable and can be easily paid by the students.
Advantages of Astana Medical University
- Quality of medical education provided at Astana University is comparable with European standards.
- The MBBS fee structure of AMU is reasonable and much lower than other universities.
- University offers world class Infrastructure and accommodation facilities to the students.
- Due to higher standard education and world recognized medical degrees, there are huge employment opportunities opened for medical graduates of Astana medical University.
- The University consists of well-educated and expert teaching staff.
- For getting admission in AMU, candidates are not required to write any entrance exam.
- AMU has strong International relations and tie-ups with many nations.
- No donation amount is ever asked for the sake of admission.
- The MBBS degree awarded by Astana Medical University is accepted all over the world.
- English is the second most commonly used language in Kazakhstan. Moreover, it is widely used among youngsters and as a medium of teaching MBBS. So there is no language barrier.
- Astana Medical University is fully recognized by NMC, WHO and UNESCO.
- The University has its own auditorium, cafeteria, Hostel, computer labs, laboratories, sports and hospitals for students.
Astana Medical University Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for the MBBS program is somewhere equivalent to other medical universities in Kazakhstan. Students fulfilling this criteria have huge chances to get enrolled in this university.
- Age– Age of candidate should be 17 years.
- Qualification– Minimum qualification of candidate must be higher secondary education from a recognized board of country.
- Required marks– Students must have completed their 10+2 education with at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects.
- NEET– All Indian candidates are required to qualify NEET-UG with good percentile, to take admission in Astana Medical University.
Astana Medical University Admission Procedure
The MBBS Admission procedure of AMU is so simple and takes less time. Admission is purely based on marks and performance of 12th standard of the candidate. Moreover, to apply for admission, students have to register themselves.
Step1. Fill the application form by filling personal and academic details and submit it by attaching scanned copies of required documents.
Step2. Candidates will get a confirmation letter from the university.
Step3. Pay the first year tuition fees to the university.
Step4. Now apply for a Visa by applying at the nearest Embassy of Kazakhstan.
Step5. After getting your Visa done, book your tickets and move ahead toward Astana University.
Dates to remember
Registration process for MBBS 2024 online will end by November 2024.
New session for International students will be started online from December 2024.
- 10 passport size Photographs of size 3×4 cm.
- 10th standard Mark sheet and Pass Certificate.
- 12th standard Mark sheet and Pass certificate.
- Invitation letter.
- Original Birth certificate.
- Medical Certificate.
- Certificate of Preparatory course.
- Fees payment bank receipt.
- Students must carry a valid passport.
Recognition of the University
1. Astana Medical University is approved by the National Medical Council of India.
2. It is recognized by the World Health Organization.
3. University is also affiliated with the Ministry of Education and Science of Kazakhstan.
Astana Medical University Hostel and other facilities
- Universities provide Holistic development and multicultural environments to the students.
- International students can directly apply to the university and get admitted without any entrance examination.
- Universities provide well-ventilated accommodation with modern facilities to the international students.
- Hostels are located in urban settings and provide almost all basic facilities necessary for living. University tends to provide a high standard of living experience.
- High-Speed Wi-Fi is provided for fast connectivity.
- Regular water supply, all time electricity and central heating facilities are also provided.
- Co-curricular activities are an important part of education for physical and mental growth.
- MBBS program provided at this university based on problem-solving methods.
- Low-cost MBBS programs are especially designed for the convenience of students who cannot afford a high fees structure.
- University provides a well-equipped huge library with thousands of books and study materials. Additionally, there are halls, examination centers, canteen, mess, hostel, cafeteria, sports and gym complex, etc.
Astana Medical University world ranking
Astana is a co-educational medical institution of Kazakhstan. It is a prominent medical university for national and international students. The world ranking of AMU is 4870. On the contrary, its national position is 14th rank.