Bihar is an Eastern Indian state and Patna is the capital city. Bihar is the land of talent, and knowledge. It has number of colleges, institutes, universities, and various training centers. Bihar host more than 2000 MBBS seats in 20 medical colleges. MBBS Admission in Bihar is conducted on the basis of state merit list, rank, marks and percentile obtained by the candidates in the NEET-UG entrance test.
Application process for the admission will be started online. However, the admission will be based on NEET results and academic performance. Read the blog till the end to get complete information of MBBS Bihar.
MBBS in Bihar- Overview
|Course Name||Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery|
|Exam conducting body||National Testing Agency|
|NEET Counselling Authority||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board.|
|MBBS Admission||On the basis of NEET scores|
|MBBS seats||2540 seats.|
|Top Colleges||AIIMS Patna, Darbhanga Medical College, Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College, Gaya.|
|NEET Bihar application form||Released by BCECEB|
MBBS Bihar Eligibility Criteria
The interested candidates who wish to study medicine in Bihar are required to fulfill the following eligibility criteria set by the authorized body.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- Aspirants are required to fill an online application for NEET-UG test.
- The age of the candidate must not less than 17 years and not more than 25 years as on 31st December of the admission year.
- The candidate whose parent(s) is a permanent resident of Bihar are eligible for appearing in NEET exam. Or whose parent(s) are refugee, or whose parent is working under Bihar government, or whose parent(s) are in a transferable job in Bihar or Jharkhand, or whose parent(s) is working for UN or Public Undertaking Sector of the Government of India are eligible for NEET Bihar.
- The candidate who has passed 12th standard education from a recognized board of India with at least 50% marks in PCB subjects along with English subject can apply.
- The candidate should be medically fit.
- In NEET-UG, the candidates who have secured minimum qualifying percentile are eligible for admission.
To get MBBS admission in the top medical institute of Bihar, the candidates are required to qualify NEET Entrance Exam conducted by the NTA. Aspiring candidates have to secure required marks as per their category. After the declaration of the NEET results, a merit list of qualified candidates will be released by the authority.
Now the qualified candidates have to apply for counselling through online application. Candidates are required to appear on each counselling rounds. Counselling on 15% reserved quota seats will be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) & Directorate of General of Health Services (DGHS). Furthermore, the counselling on rest of 85% state quota seats will be done by the respective colleges and universities. The MBBS seats will be provided on the basis of rank and merit. After getting the preferred seat candidate has to report to the college before the deadline of the admission.
Required Document List
- NEET admit card
- NEET Score card
- 10th and 12th Mark sheet, and Passing certificate
- Caste certificate, if required
- Domicile certificate
- Character certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Migration certificate
|1||Katihar Medical College, Katihar(Muslim Minority)|
|2||Lord Buddha Koshi Medical College and Hospital, Saharsa|
|3||Madhubani Medical College, Madhubani|
|4||Mata Gujri Memorial Medical College, Kishanganj(Sikh Minority)|
|5||Narayan Medical College & Hospital, Sasaram|
|6||Netaji Subhas Medical College & Hospital, Amhara, Bihta, Patna|
In a nutshell, pursuing MBBS from Bihar is full of opportunities. There are plenty of medical college, institute, and university in Bihar. They offer high quality education, practical knowledge and clinical exposure to the medical students. You will get enough of experience while studying. And after completing MBBS degree, you can apply for MD/MS across India or any international university.
The process of MBBS admission in Bihar is easy, cost-effective, and worthy. It worth time, money and hard-work of the students.