Kathmandu Medical College is the leading medical college of Nepal. It is one of the favorite medical institutions of international students for MBBS courses in Nepal. This college tends to provide quality education and medical training to the foreign students.
KMC stands for Kathmandu Medical College. This institution also provides distance learning facility to the students through its outstanding teaching experience. Students get extensive training and knowledge throughout the MBBS course.
KMC basically functions in two complexes- Duwakot complex for Basic Sciences and Sinamangal for Clinical Sciences. Moreover, its teaching hospital is situated at Ring Road near the Airport. Some of the teaching members are considered as the best and experienced mentors of Medical colleges in India and Abroad.
KMC is permanently affiliated to Kathmandu University. In addition, the teaching hospital of KMC is one of the premium teaching hospitals across Nepal. KMC is the leading institution for offering undergraduate, postgraduate and specialist courses in medical professional education. Graduates from this medical college are eligible to take admission in California for a specialist’s course.
So, in one line, KMC strives to provide the best quality education, training and medical services to the members of KMC and due to its extreme services, it is the best.
MBBS in Kathmandu Medical College
Kathmandu Medical College is offering admission to plenty of international students. KMC prepares self-confident and experienced professionals who will serve the healthcare sector by delivering medical services for the welfare of society.
KMC is approved by the Medical Council of India for providing MBBS courses. In addition, it is also approved by the Medical council of Nepal and Ministry of education, Nepal. Colleges offer advanced academic curriculum and latest teaching techniques for profound learning experience.
The Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery-MBBS Programs is a 4 ½ years integrated program at KMC. This four and a half program is followed by one year compulsory internship training after passing the final MBBS examination.
The structure of studies is equivalent to MBBS in India and degree offered after completing MBBS is globally accepted. The first two years are dedicated for basic medical sciences with interdepartmental subjects and the last 2 ½ is focused on clinical sciences and community correlation.
After basic and clinical teaching, students have to go through one year of compulsory Internship training.
MBBS Course Curriculum
- Phase-1 is of 2 years. It consists of basic subjects like, community medicine, Clinical Exposure and Communication skills and integrated basic medical Sciences.
- Phase-2 is of 1 year. It consists, community medicine, forensic Medicine, internal Medical, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Surgery, and Pediatrics.
- Phase-3 is 1 ½ years. This phase is basically dedicated to clinical studies. It consist, internal medicine, surgery, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Dentistry, Dermatology, Psychiatry, radiology, Anesthesiology, ENT, Eye, Orthopedics, Accident and Emergency medicine and clinical rotation in major areas such as community medicine, Ethics and research and information technology.
- And finally one year Internship Training. It is compulsory for all who are passing the final year MBBS examination.
Kathmandu Medical College MBBS Fees Structure
The fees structure of KMC is very low as compared to Indian or other foreign countries. Nepal is offering education at minimal cost and that’s why it is affordable for all.
Students can also pay fees in partial form like, monthly or quarterly installments. The complete cost of MBBS will cost in between 40-50 lakhs.
Kathmandu Medical College Eligibility Criteria
In order to take admission in KMC, candidates have to satisfy the eligibility criteria for the MBBS course.
- The age of the candidate should be 17 years, at the time of admission or as on 31st December of admission year.
- Interested candidates must have completed 10+2 education or any equivalent education from a recognized board of country.
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 education with PCB + English subjects. He / She must have acquired 50% or above in the main subjects.
- Students must have to pass the NEET entrance examination per rules of the Medical council of India for all those students who want to study abroad.
- Students who have also passed the Entrance examination held by Kathmandu University are eligible to take admission in KMC for MBBS course.
Kathmandu Medical College Admission procedure
Admission Procedure of Kathmandu is very simple and transparent. The institution tends to provide equal opportunities to all students in terms of gender, origin, nationality and religion.
Admission procedure for the international students is based on the Entrance Examination, as per the requirements of the eligibility criteria and academic performance of the candidates. Selection is purely based on entrance examination and performance. Classes will start from the month of Aug or Sep.
- MBBS applicants have to fill an application form, released in the month of April and lasts till August every year.
- Applicants need to fill the information correctly and also have to attach relevant copies of documents.
- After attaching all necessary documents, submit it for the verification.
Accommodation and facilities
Living and food in Nepal is very cheap. However, for more safety and easy accommodation facilities, KMC has 4 hostel buildings in total. One Hostel is located at Duwakot campus which can easily accommodate 420 students. It has their own large cafeteria and a canteen at hostel premises.
- Another hostel is in Sinamangal campus. In this complex there are 2 hostel buildings for girls and 1 building for boys. This hostel is especially for girls who are far from their home. Hostel area is completely safe and secured.
- The classrooms are digitally advanced to teach the students more efficiently.
- Super-specialized and high tech-laboratories of KMC allow the students to conduct experiments or learn new things by using the latest medical equipment.
- The campus infrastructure boosts with world class infrastructure. KMC has well-equipped labs, museums, spacious classrooms, lectures, demonstration classrooms, mess and canteen, etc.
- Well connected routes, big campus playground, holistic development, hygienic food, supportive faculty members, etc. All these make it feasible and thereby raise the standard of KMC.