MBBS in Kazakhstan Overview
MBBS in Kazakhstan is a good option for students who want to study MBBS abroad. Today, Studying MBBS abroad has become quite popular for many reasons. Every year nearly thousands of students opt foreign medical universities for their medical studies. For Indian students Kazakhstan is the best option for some top reasons. Kazakhstan offers a 6 years MD degree which is equivalent to MBBS in India.
Medical universities in Kazakhstan offer quality education at less fees. Studying MBBS in Kazakhstan is cheaper than studying in India. Kazakh universities are globally recognized and approved. Their MBBS degrees are globally accepted.
Degree is recognized by the Ministry of Education and Science Kazakhstan, and also approved by the National Medical council of India (NMC) for providing an MBBS program to Indian students. Currently, there are more than 10,000 students who are getting training at bachelor’s and master level. This university is managed by 15,000 faculty members working here.
MBBS in Kazakhstan Highlights
|6 years includes one year Internship.
|Medium of Teaching
|Minimum Fees Structure
|Around 4 lakhs per year.
|12th qualification with 50% marks in PCB subjects.
|NEET qualification is required.
|Recognized by NMC and WHO.
|IELTS / TOEFL
KNMU is a highly considerable medical university in Kazakhstan for medical training programs. Students from all over the world immensely participate to get MBBS medical training and throughout the studies, students will get ample opportunities to get experience of different skills, knowledge and also to explore new things.
Universities provide an extreme range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medicine and related branches. Students who are conducting their MBBS program from Kazakh National Medical University will get experience of European standard of education, latest course curriculum, fine accommodation, students oriented study environment with full support of teaching faculty.
At present, Kazakh National Medical University is a leading medical university of Kazakhstan. It runs among the top medical universities of Kazakhstan. It was founded in the year 1930 for delivering high medical education at national level. University is located in Almaty city. University has received National status in a short period of time, in 2001 due to its fantastic growth and excellent quality of education.
MBBS in Kazakhstan Course Duration
The duration of an MBBS course in Kazakhstan is six years. It comprises five years of academic studies and one year Internship. Besides internship, students will learn basics of general medicine and clinical subjects throughout the five years.
Course offered by Kazakh Universities
Universities in Kazakhstan offer Postgraduate and Doctoral program in four main branches of Medicine and one postgraduate;
- Faculty of General Medicine.
- Faculty of Pediatrics.
- Faculty of Pharmacy.
- Faculty of Dentistry.
- Faculty of Postgraduate.
MBBS in Kazakhstan Fee Structure 2024
MBBS fees in Kazakhstan are quite affordable. Students seeking high quality education equivalent to international standard will find it much cheaper and economical. To secure a globally recognized MBBS degree from Kazakh, you have to pay around 4 lakhs per year.
|Name of the Universities
|Tuition Fees / Year (Rs.)
|Hostel Fees / Year (Rs.)
|Al Farabi Kazakh National University
|Semey Medical University
|Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University
|Astana Medical University
|West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State medical University
KNMU MBBS Eligibility Criteria
MBBS eligibility criteria is simple of Kazakh Medical Universities, Indian students seeking admission have to fulfill below listed criteria to get enrollment in this university.
1. The age of the Indian aspirants should not be less than 17 years as on 31st December at admission year.
2. Students must have completed the 10+2 education system by passing in PCB subjects with 50% or above marks. Or they must hold any equivalent degree with PCB subjects. Additionally, they must have chosen English as their main subject.
3. All Indian students are required to pass the NEET-UG examination with good percentile.
MBBS in Kazakhstan Admission Procedure
Admission procedure of Kazakhstan is fast. Interested students can follow the below mentioned steps to apply for an MBBS seat in this university.
Step.1 Students have to fill an online application form available on the official website of the university.
Step.2 submit the application for review, after filling personal and academic details. In addition, students also have to attach vital documents along with the application form.
Step.3 Eligible students will get a confirmation letter. After getting a confirmation letter, candidates shall start their immigration procedure.
Step.4 After getting Invitation letter, your application for Visa gets approved within 30-40 days.
Step.5 In meanwhile, pay your first year tuition fees and get your Visa. Now it’s time to book tickets and fly to Kazakhstan.
Selection of the students depends on their merits obtained in 12th and performance. No entrance examination will be conducted for admission. First come, first serve rule will be followed for admission. Once you reach the university, complete the rest of the registration process and finally get enrolled with Kazakhstan University.
Dates to marks
- Application process will start from June onwards.
- Last date of application last week of October.
- Admission Starts from October each year.
- 10th standard Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate.
- 12th standard Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate.
- NEET-UG scorecards.
- Eligibility certificate.
- English Proficiency Certificate.
- Non-criminal Certificate
- Invitation letter.
- Fees payment Slip.
- Passport size Photographs.
- A valid Passport.
- Medical reports approved by an authorized Doctor.
Recognition of the Universities
Universities are accredited by the Ministry of education and Science, Kazakhstan.
- 1. National Medical council of India (NMC).
- 2. World Federation for Medical Education (WFME).
- 3. World Health Organization (WHO).
- 4. FAIMER (Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
- 5. UNESCO (United Nations of Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization)
Facilities at Medical University in Kazakhstan
- University ensures to provide high standard education to the students.
- A wide range of faculties are available in this university.
- Universities offer a multicultural environment to the students, due to the presence of students from different nations and backgrounds.
- Students will get various opportunities to take part in student exchange programs, seminars, international conferences, guest meets or debates conducted by the university.
- The Infrastructure of the university provided to the students also plays an important role in growth and skill development of students.
- Programs offered by Universities are recognized by Kazakh and various global organizations. University hostels are well furnished, neat & clean. Hostels are occupied with necessary utilities and under the surveillance of CCTV cameras for safety and security. Additionally, there is a cafeteria, sports grounds, Gym, big Halls, High speed Wi-Fi, Library, tie-ups with international universities and hospitals, Mess, computer and Science labs, reading Halls, etc.
Top NMC Approved Medical Universities of Kazakhstan
- Al Farabi Kazakh National University
- Kazakh National Medical University
- Semey State Medical University
- Karaganda State medical University
- West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University
Al Farabi Kazakh National University
Al Farabi Kazakh National University is one of the top leading medical institutions in Kazakhstan. It was first among other medical universities in Kazakhstan and central Asia. University is situated in Almaty. It spreads over an area of 247 acres of land.
It offers highly accredited MBBS courses to Indian students. University has accomplished many achievements for providing superior quality of education and training. Medical degree offered by the Al Farabi Kazakh University is valid in approximately 48 countries of European based higher education areas including Europe.
Kazakh National Medical University
Kazakh National Medical University is another famous medical university of Kazakhstan. It is also located in Almaty. It is a NMC approved and WHO recognized medical university. Kazakh National Medical University is also known as KNMU. It was established in 1930.
KNMU offers a five year MBBS course to the Indian students. Program is entirely designed in the English language. Therefore, the medium of delivering lectures is in English. Because MBBS is available in English medium, it will help the international students to understand the program easily.
Semey State Medical University
Semey State medical University is the oldest medical university of Kazakhstan. MBBS is available at an affordable price in this university. There is no Hidden Cost involved tuition fees for admission. Along with fees, living and food expenses are also nominal.
University offers simple eligibility criteria, easy admission procedure, low cost MBBS course, comfortable accommodation and perfect study environment to the Students. It was established on 1st September 1953. University has graduated many students who are currently working as known medical professionals in the world.
Karaganda State Medical University
Karaganda State Medical University is one of NMC approved medical universities in Kazakhstan. Universities offer world class medical education to Indian students and other international students coming from different parts of the world.
It is located in a huge urban setting with modern amenities. It offers one of the best MBBS training to the students. Course Duration of MBBS is five years. Moreover, it is available in English medium. They adopt the best teaching methodology to prepare medical professionals. Universities offer MBBS at exceptional cost.
West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University
West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University came into existence in 1957. It is located in Aktobe, Kazakhstan. University is known for offering the best medical education and science in Kazakhstan. Till date it has graduated 25+thousands students in the field of medical science. At present it is one of the top leading institutions in Kazakhstan.
Universities provide MBBS courses to Indian students at minimal tuition fees. Moreover, the admission procedure is also quick and relaxed. After completing MBBS, students will be awarded a globally recognized medical degree.