MBBS in India is the primary choice of medical aspirants who wish to study medicine. Being a doctor is the one of the most respectful professions. The reasons why MBBS course in India is highly preferred by the national students of India and foreigners is because of education structure, top rated medical colleges and universities and well-experienced professors.
At present, there are total 604 medical colleges in India, and out of this number 209 colleges are the government medial colleges and rest of them are private. If you want to secure MBBS seat in India you have to appear in NEET examination. Aspiring students have to score at least 50% in class 10+2 education plus they have to qualify NEET-UG with good marks.
Indian colleges/institutes offer healthy and peaceful study environment to the students that helps them to acquire knowledge and experience quickly. In India, the duration of MBBS course is 5.5 years. The course is divided into two parts. The first 4.5 years is assigned for the classroom studies and the last one years is for the internship.
Its true, earning a MBBS degree is not easy. Students have to spend a lot of time in preparation of competitive examinations, hard work, dedication, challenging days and nights, and willingness to become a successful Doctor.
The curriculum of MBBS contain practical training and classroom studies, and the curriculum is almost same in private and public colleges. For applying MBBS admission in India, students should have to pass NEET UG exam and would get NOC (No Objection Certificate) after passing the examination. However, after completing the course, the awarded is MBBS that is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
MBBS in India- Quick Insight
|MBBS full form||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery|
|MBBS duration||4.5 years + 1 Year Internship|
|Minimum precent||50% in PCB for general category students, and 40% in PCB for ST/SC/OBC and reserved categories.|
|NEET requirement||Passing NEET is must.|
|MBBS Fee in India||4 lacs/year in private colleges|
|Living cost||7500-8000 INR per month|
|Medium of MBBS||English|
|Top college or universities||All government institutions and some private colleges|
|Recognition||Recognized by NMC of India.|
Why Study MBBS In India?
India is a great choice to pursue MBBS in India. The top medical colleges of India are approved WHO, NMC. If you have confusion why you should study MBBS from Indian college, so we have mentioned a few points that supports the MBBS India.
- There are around 600 plus medical institutions including medical colleges and universities in India.
- India is the home of some of the top-rated and world’s finest medical universities.
- India offers around 76,928 MBBS seats to the MBBS aspirants.
- The Indian medical colleges are world famous for delivering excellent clinical training, research, training programs, and expertise.
- There should be no hinderance of language or communication because most of the students are familiar with Hindi language.
- In India, students have opportunities to attend international seminars and conferences.
- International standard syllabus.
- Students will get practice on actual human bodies.
- Students are eligible to practice medicine in any part of the world after completing MBBS.
Fees Structure Of MBBS In India
MBBS fee in Indian private medical colleges starts from around 4 lakhs per year excluding cost of living and maximum goes up to 15 lakhs annually. However, the minimum fees for MBBS in India in government college is around 20,000 to 7.5 lakhs. There are various options available to choose the best college under your fixed budget.
MBBS in India-Duration
The duration of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery is 5.5 years. This complete course is separated in two parts; classroom studies and internship. 4.5 years are allotted for the theoretical studies consists of various ways of learning and assignments. And rest of the 12 months are allotted for the internship in a recognized hospitals or medical center.
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS In India
The students who are seeking MBBS Admission in India are required to fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the college and institutions. MBBS admission criteria for the majority of colleges are same.
First of all, the aspirant should have qualified 10+2 with physics, chemistry, and biology subjects with minimum of 50% marks and 40 % marks for reserved categories.
Secondly, the students’ needs to appear in the NEET undergraduate entrance examination. This examination is conducted by all those Indian students who wish to study medicine in India or abroad. Only 15% vacant govt. MBBS seats are available for doing medical courses in India.
Thirdly, the student’s should not older than 25 years. 25+ years students are not eligible for MBBS course admission. However, minimum age of the applicant should not be less than 17 years as of 31 December of the academic year.
And lastly, this criterion is also applicable for Indian nationals, foreign nationals, and NRIs.
Admission Procedure Of Indian Medical Colleges- MBBS Admission
The universities and colleges of India are offering wide range of medical and dental courses to the students. The admission procedure of the medical colleges of India for MBBS course is quite simple and straight.
The students can take admission in MBBS course only through a national level entrance examination called NEET. Apart from NEET, there are some other exams for MBBS admission Like AIIMS, JIPMER, etc.
Aspirants needs to pass NEET-UG exam for with qualifying marks or above to secure a MBBS seat in the best colleges. The admission of the students depends on the marks obtained by the NEET and 10+2 education. They must have got passed 10+2 at least 50% for general category student, and a minimum of 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC or reserved categories.
In short, the students seeking MBBS Admission in India needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria of the college to get admission.
Documents Required For Admission
The medical aspirants must keep the documents ready for applying MBBS Admission in India. We have complied the list of all necessary documents below.
- MBBS aspirants must hold a valid mark sheets of class 10th and 12
- NEET scorecard is also an essential document for apply MBBS admission.
- Medical candidate should also possess a valid school transfer certificate, code of conduct certificate, medical certificate, no-criminal record certificate, and Health check-up certificate.
- Students must have a valid passport.
- Passport size photograph is also required.
- The students should hold a caste certificate if you are belonging to the ST/SC or OBC.
- For the proof of financial stability, the student needs to produce parent’s bank statement.
Advantages Of MBBS Admission In India
There are numerous benefits of pursuing MBBS course from Indian colleges/universities. Moreover, the benefits will be multiplied for the Indian students. As If they are the locals so the problem of communication, accommodation would not matter. We have mentioned the common benefits of MBBS right below.
- MBBS is a demanded course in India and the medical education system of India provide excellent training and updated course curriculum so that the students will become highly qualified medical professionals.
- MBBS doctors qualified from Indian medical college are known for their expertise, reputation and professionalism.
- Indian colleges offer vast clinical exposure in field of medicine.
- Indian government and the state government is focusing on expanding the number the medical colleges because of the shortage of medical professional. As of now India needs at least 1 lac doctors to provide effective treatment.
- Medical colleges of India are offer spacious classrooms, excellent infrastructure, laboratories, and surgical theatres for outstanding training facilities. Also, there is a provision of Indian food availability with minimum expenditure of less than 2 lacs annually including hostel fee and colleges fee in some universities.
- Besides the private college, affiliated government colleges and institute are well-equipped.
- Students are not required to appear in exams like IELTS or TOFEL.
- There is an excellent opportunity of pursuing postgraduation and specialization courses.
- The degree MBBS is world-wide accepted.
- In India, the students get the opportunity to learn about some rare diseases that doesn’t exist in other countries.
In India, MBBS course starts by the middle of the August or first week of the September or October, if everything goes smoothly. However, the MBBS application starts from the month of June or July every year.
Entrance Exams For MBBS in India
- First and the most popular exam for studying medicine in India is NEET. NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
- AIIMS Entrance Test- All India Institute of Medical Science conducted by various AIIMS located across India.
- JIMPER Entrance Test- Jawaharlal Institute of PG Medical Education and Research.
- Number of states government bodies also conduct entrance for various medical courses.
Recognition Of Medical Colleges and Universities
Plenty of the Indian universities are acknowledged by the various renowned medical bodies for imparting high quality medical education.
- World health Organization.
- National Medical Commission.
- United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization.
MBBS Syllabus For MBBS in India
As we have already mentioned that the course is divided into two parts so the syllabus too. First 4.5 years are allotted for theoretical studies. Further, these 4.5 years are separated into nine semesters.
1st-2nd semester for pre-clinical studies. It covers human anatomy, bio chemistry, physiology, bio-physics, bio-chemistry and the introduction of community medicine humanities.
3rd – 5th semesters is known as para-clinical phase. This phase includes the community medicine, forensic medicine, clinical posting in wards, OPDs, pathology, pharmacology and microbiology.
6th-9th semester or clinical phase. This is the third and last phase of classroom studies. It contains the clinical community medicine, obstetrics, and gynecology, Medicine and allied subjects, surgery and allied subjects, pediatrics and clinical postings.
Internship for one year. It is the final phase of the MBBS course. Most of the time internship is paid. Students will go through rotation internship for community medicine, surgery includes orthopedics, medicine, welfare planning, pediatrics, Obstetrics and gynecology.
Teaching Methodology Of MBBS In India
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery is one of the toughest courses. Academic year of the same starts from September or October. The universities and the medical colleges of India consists well-educated and highly experienced professors and mentors for teaching.
The methodology adopted for MBBS in India is in English medium. However, the use of local language is also widespread in the universities and institutes. Since, majority of the students are familiarized with Hindi language thus, language doesn’t become a barrier for communication. You can find the list of colleges and universities offering MBBS in English medium in India.
MBBS Form Indian University or College
Indian Medical colleges and institutes are world famous for delivering excellent quality education to the medical students. Some of the Indian universities falls under the top leading universities for medicine courses. Remember one thing whether you are going to take admission in India or Abroad, always choose the Best NMC recognized medical institution.
Indian universities and colleges provide numerous facilities from infrastructure to study material and food to the students. Indian govt. also offers reservation seats for the Non-resident Indian students and foreign students.
Best NMC Approved Medical Colleges For MBBS
- Sharda Medical University Uttar Pradesh
- Rama Medical College Kanpur Uttar Pradesh
- Shri Ram Murti Simarak Medical College Uttar Pradesh
- Y Patil Medical College, Pune
- Mahatma Gandhi Mission Medical College
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College.
- S S institute of Medical Sc. and Research Center.
- Aurobindo Institute of Medical Sciences
- KPC Medical College
- Himalayan Institute of Medical Science
MBBS In India- Disadvantages
Although there are number of benefits of pursuing MBBS from Indian colleges or university, but there are a few disadvantages linked with MBBS admission in India. Here we have mentioned a few of them.
- The biggest drawbacks of pursuing MBBS from India is that you will not get a MBBS seat in government college until you will not secure good marks in NEET.
- The cost of studying in private medical colleges is expensive.
- In India, MBBS seats are limited and demand is high.
- Number of government medical colleges is also low.
- Medical students don’t get the opportunity to explore new culture, or experience of global exposure.
- Some of the private institutes also charge capitalization fees for MBBS admission in India.
MBBS for International Students
The universities in India have some reserved seats for international student who wish to pursue medicine in India. Government of India has reserved some seats for NRIs and students arriving from other countries. Although, government medical colleges and universities have reserved the seats for international applicants, but foreign students can also bag the seats in private medical college too.
Non-resident Indian can apply through diplomatic consultant, offices available in India. In some universities there will be no entrance examination for international students. Medical institutes have NRI quota seats, and the seats are allotted on the basis of merits and academic performance.
India is the land of beautiful mountains, lakes, grasslands, valley, and more. It is a developing nations and accounts for many achievements. The capital of India is Delhi. The official language of India is Hindi. However, more than 80% people speak English language in institutes and offices.
The currency of India is Rupee (INR). India shares its border with China, Nepal, Myanmar, Afghanistan, and Bhutan. The population of India is 133.92 crores. India experiences tropical monsoon climate and tropical wet and dry climate in some places.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of MBBS In India?
The minimum cost of MBBS course is 4 lakhs per year and the maximum is 15 lakhs annually.
Is studying MBBS in India is good?
MBBS is the first choice of Indian science stream students. Indian student dream of studying MBBS from their motherland because there are number of choices to pick the best college for studying and there is no need to go anywhere for job. Indian MBBS degree is acceptable all over the world, so after pursuing MBBS program from India you can also apply for PG in abroad.
Where is MBBS cheap in India?
R.G Kar Medical College and hospital, Kolkata, Bangalore Medial College and Research Institute, Bangalore, or Christian Medical College are some cheap and best medical colleges.
Is Indian MBBS valid in USA?
No, Since the basic requirement to practice In USA is postgraduate, therefore, a MBBS graduated students cannot practice in the USA.
MBBS in India is the best option for the Indian medical aspirants and international students too. There are number of career opportunities for medical students in India. India is the home of top recruiters such as Fortis Health care, global hospital, Medanta, Apollo hospital, etc. after completing MBBS, students doesn’t need to go anywhere for job.
Indian universities boost their medical education system by implementing latest methodology and prioritizing the education. Thus, there are various advantages of getting MBBS admission in India. The best thing is that the medical education of India is considered as an excellent education system across the globe.