The West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University, shortened as West Kazakhstan State Medical University was founded on 1st September, 1957. This university was located in a popular city called Aktobe in Kazakhstan.
At present, West Kazakhstan State Medical University is a prime high educational institution providing medical and scientific education to the national and international students. It is also a leading medical and clinical research center of Kazakhstan.
In the beginning years, the University has graduated 25 thousand and more students in the field of medicine. Currently, WKSMU, counted amongst the top ranked medical institutions of Kazakhstan offering MBBS in Kazakhstan education and training to the Indian students.
It has the best medical faculty, well-educated teaching staff, world class Infrastructure, modern hospital equipment, latest learning facilities, etc. Since it is a NMC approved medical university, So, Indian students seeking admission in WKSMU can apply before 31st July. Besides graduate courses, University also offer post-graduation in four specialties in master’s and rest of specialties leading to Doctoral, Advance training and professional trainings.
Highlights of the University
|MD Equivalent to MBBS in India.
|Six years including one Internship.
|Medium of teaching
|10+2 qualification by obtaining 50% marks in Physics, chemistry and Biology.
|Near about 2800-3000 USD per year.
|Yes, passing the NEET-UG examination is mandatory.
|University is recognized by WHO and approved by NMC.
|Its world ranking is 7940th position and country rank is 51st rank.
MBBS Course Duration
Course Duration of MBBS in West Kazakhstan State Medical University is five years excluding one year Internship. After graduation, pursuing a one year internship is compulsory for all students. Therefore, MBBS in Kazakhstan is six years. In WKSMU, the MBBS program is taught in English language to the international students.
MBBS program consist, studies of Pre-medical, Para-medical and clinical subjects. Additionally, students have to go through a one year rotational internship to get real time experience and practical knowledge.
Courses offered by WKSMU
University provides Bachelor, Masters, Doctoral and advanced Professional programs to the students seeking medical education in medical faculties.
- Faculty of General Medicine.
- Faculty of Pharmacy.
- Faculty of Dentistry.
- Faculty of Nursing.
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine.
- Faculty of Health Care Management.
West Kazakhstan State Medical University Fees
West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University fees structure of MBBS program is economical. Cost of studying MBBS in this university is budget friendly. Low-cost MBBS fee structure is the center of attraction for many Indian students. In Indian rupees the annual cost of studying MBBS from WKSMU costs around 1, 99,000 rupees.
MBBS Eligibility Criteria of West Kazakhstan State Medical University
Opting for MBBS studies from WKSMU is a good choice. Aspiring Indian students seeking admission have to satisfy the criteria to get enrolled with the University.
- Age of the student must be 17 years or more before 31st December at admission year.
- Students must have completed a Higher Secondary Education Certificate from a regular board of country.
- They must have obtained at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as their main subject.
- For ST/SC students minimum marks requirement is 45% marks in PCB subjects.
- Passing NEET-UG examination is mandatory for taking admission in universities abroad.
West Kazakhstan State Medical University Admission Procedure
Indian students who want to take admission in MBBS from WKSMU have to follow the below steps for admission.
- First of all, fill the online application form available on the official website of the University.
- Fill the application by entering correct details along with a scanned copy of required documents and submit it.
- After submitting the application, the university will provide you a confirmation letter, if you are eligible.
- After getting confirmation letters, students have to deposit fees.
- In the next step, students have to apply for a Visa, Visa Approval will take nearly 30 days.
- After getting your Visa, book your tickets and finalize the other documentation process for the rest of the days.
Important dates to remember
- Application process starts in mid of May or June.
- Last date to apply is before July.
- Academic session begins from September Onwards.
Required documents for Indian students
- Mark sheet of 10th and 12th along with pass certificate.
- A copy of Application that is submitted online.
- Transfer certificate and Conduct Certificate.
- NEET scorecard and pass certificate.
- English proficiency Certificate.
- Recently clicked passport size photographs.
- Medical Certificate.
- Migration certificate.
- Birth certificate.
- COVID-19 medical report.
- HIV reports.
- Letter of recommendation by the Principal.
- A valid Passport.
- Invitation Letter by the University.
West Kazakhstan State Medical University Advantages
- It is one of the top notch medical universities of Kazakhstan.
- Environment of West Kazakhstan State Medical University is cooperative, friendly and multi-cultural.
- University provides bachelor and Master’s courses in various medical fields.
- Standard quality of education is provided by the institution.
- Apart from education, WKSMU is also engaged with scientific activities and medical research activities.
- Students will get ample chances to take part in International conferences, seminars, national research projects, etc.
- University is well-equipped and has world class infrastructure.
- Co-curricular activities help to prepare students mentally and physically.
- Students get trained under the best teaching staff of the university.
- University provide equal attention to classroom studies and practical knowledge.
- Indian students don’t have to pay Donation amount.
- Direct admission procedure is the extra privilege provided to international students.
- Excellent accommodation facilities are offered by the University.
- Graduates from WKSMU are eligible to write a screening test of India and other countries.
- Round the clock emergency services and security is the utmost priority of university.
Recognition of the University
- West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Science of Republic of Kazakhstan.
- It is acknowledged by the World Health Organization.
ation and Medical Council of India.
West Kazakhstan State Medical University Ranking
This higher medical institute is one of the institutions of Kazakhstan. The national ranking of WKSMU is 51st. This university falls under the top 100 universities of Kazakhstan. However, its world ranking is 7940th position.