Overview of Nepal Medical College
Nepal Medical College is one of the best medical educational institutions of Nepal. It is located at Attarkhel of Jorpati Village Development Committee in Kathmandu. The college is situated on the foothill of a mountain. It is abbreviated as NMCTH. It was established by Late Dr. Sachey Kumar Pahari to deliver medical education in Nepal.
This private medical institution and healthcare foundation is one of major Institutions in Nepal. Besides medical studies, it also carries out scientific research activities. The college is located in a very calm and peaceful setting. The surrounding area of the institution is nice and picturesque.
MNC is just 11 kilometers away from the capital city, Kathmandu. The main aim of the college is to provide high standard education incorporated with moral values and ethics to take the responsibilities of this noble profession.
Scientific research projects help to bring new discoveries and ultimately improves the quality of education. MNC is affiliated to Kathmandu University, recognized by the Medical Council of Nepal and Ministry of Education, Nepal. In addition, it is also approved by the National Medical Council of India for offering MBBS programs to the Indian students.
Nepal Medical College MBBS Course
Nepal Medical College Teaching Hospital is a prestigious college across Nepal. The main objective of this institution is to promote medical education and training with holistic development and a wide approach. To fulfil this goal, NMC offers Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) program to the students.
The MBBS curriculum of NMC is designed as per the European education standard. The first two years of MBBS focuses on basic medical science with integral clinical and community correlation. Students are encouraged to get familiarised with the diagnoses, healthcare delivery system in Nepal.
Moreover, during the next one and a half year clinical subjects, community medicine and forensic medicine have been arranged for studies. And from the third year onwards, all the clinical subjects along with management in health, community field services and junior clinical clerkship continues until the end of the MBBS curriculum set by the Kathmandu University.
Curriculum of MBBS is problem based program to solve various problems and queries to achieve the paramount important skills in Medicine.
NMC MBBS Fees Structure
The fee structure of the MBBS program in NMC is very cheap and less than 50% as compared to Indian medical colleges. As per the rules of Nepali Government and norms of Kathmandu University, the fees structure of medical colleges should be very high. Therefore, the tuition fees of MBBS is very low and doesn’t include any extra amount or donation cost.
MBBS Eligibility Criteria
All those students, who are interested to take admission in Nepal Medical College, to pursue MBBS program. Interested students have to satisfy the eligibility criteria set by the college to provide MBBS seats to the eligible students. So let’s have a look at the basic eligibility criteria of NMC.
- The age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years.
- International and Indian students seeking admission seeking admission in JMC must have passed the 10+2 education system with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) +English Subject.
- They must have got more than 50% marks in PCB. In addition their marks should be 50% marks in Aggregate.
- Indian students are required to pass the NEET Entrance Examination with good scores.
- Students have to pass Entrance Examination held by Kathmandu University, Institute of Medicine. Students who are invited by the Ministry of Education, Nepal are not required to sit in Entrance exams or personal interviews.
MBBS Admission Procedure
Admission procedure of NMCTH is quite similar to other medical colleges of Nepal. Desirous students have to fill an Application form, available on the official website of college. While filling the application form, applicants have to fill all information correctly and have to attach attested copies of documents.
However, MBBS seats will be allotted on the basis of eligibility criteria, academic performance, scorecard, entrance exam and interview. The selection procedure is very fast and simple and is also based on First Come First Serve basis.
Accommodation and other Facilities
- There is a separate hostel facility for girls and boys within the college campus. Undertaking the responsibilities regarding safety and security of students is the first priority of college management.
- There is a canteen, playground, visitor’s room, 24 hours electricity and water supply in hostel premises.
- Both the college and the teaching Hospital are in the same campus for the comfort of students.
- College Library is fully stacked with latest reading material like periodicals, Journals, CDs, etc and the e-library is also there to gain knowledge through the internet.
- Sports activities and cultural programs, annually held in the campus, help to prepare students physically and mentally and develop multiple skills.
- Health campaigns are arranged by the management to improve communication skills and how to treat and provide healthcare services to the patients.
Nepal is a beautiful country located in the foothills of the Great Himalayan mountainous region. This country hosts many of the highest peaks of the world including Mount Everest. Nepal is a south Asian country that shares its border with India, China, Bangladesh, Bhutan, etc. It is slightly larger than Portugal.
The official language of Nepal is Nepali. Moreover, the population of Nepal is 31+ million. Kathmandu is the capital city of Nepal. It is a multiethnic, multicultural, Multi-religious country, and welcomes everyone.