Gujarat is one of the fastest-growing states in India. It has multiple colleges, medical institutes, and universities. In Gujarat, over 30 medical colleges are offering 5650+ MBBS Seats. Out of 30, 17 are government medical colleges, and the other 13 are private medical colleges. MBBS admission in Gujarat is done through the NEET-UG entrance exam.
The candidates who have successfully qualified for NEET-UG will be able to get admission to the MBBS course. There are various reputed medical colleges and universities in the state. Major of the colleges have plus ten years’ experience.
For medical students, it is always necessary to choose a college that offers experienced staff and enough faculties. These institutions offer quality education at an affordable cost.
MBBS Admission in Gujarat – An Overview
|Course name||MBBS degree|
|Duration||Minimum 4.5 years. Additionally, one-year Internship.|
|Admission Counselling authority||Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Courses|
|Required qualification||10+2 qualification with PCB and English subjects.|
|Entrance exam||NEET examination.|
|NEET conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA).|
|MBBS Seats||Around 5650 MBBS Seats.|
Best Medical Colleges Of Gujarat
|1||B. J. Medical College, Ahmedabad|
|2||Govt. Medical College, Baroda|
|3||M. P. Shah Medical College, Jamnagar|
|4||Govt. Medical College, Surat|
|5||P. D. U. Medical College, Rajkot|
|6||Govt. Medical College, Bhavnagar|
|7||GMERS Medical College, Sola, Ahmedabad|
|8||GMERS Medical College, Gotri, Vadodara|
|9||GMERS Medical College, Gandhinagar|
|10||GMERS Medical College, Dharpur, Patan|
|11||GMERS Medical College, Valsad|
|12||GMERS Medical College, Junagadh|
|13||GMERS Medical College, Himmatnagar|
|14||GMERS Medical College, Vadnagar|
|15||Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad|
|16||A.M.C. M.E.T. Medical College, Ahmedabad|
|17||Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & Research|
|18||Pramukh Swami Medical College, Karamsad|
|19||C.U. Shah Medical College, Surendranagar|
|20||Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhuj|
|21||GCS Medical College and Research Center, Ahmedabad|
|22||Parul Institute of Medical Science and Research, Po: Limda, Ta:|
Waghodiya, Dist: Vadodara
|23||Banas Medical College & research Institute, Palanpur|
|24||Zydus Medical Collage and Hospital, Dahod|
|25||Dr. N.D. Desai Faculty of Medical Science and Research, Nadiad|
|26||Nootan Medical College and Research Centre, Visnagar|
|27||Dr. M.K. Shah Medical College & Research Centre, Ahmedabad|
|28||Shantabaa Medical College, Amreli|
|29||Dr Kiran C Patel Medical College & Research Institute, Bharuch|
|30||National Modern Medical Education and Research Institute|
(Government Medical College), Silvasa, Dadra & Nagar Haveli
MBBS Gujarat 2022- Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are seeking MBBS admission in Gujarat through NEET need to check the eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria play an important role in the admission process. Despite NEET-UG playing a crucial play important role in MBBS admission, but still authorities have prescribed some set of eligibility criteria that every candidate must need to fulfil.
- The candidate must need to clear NEET-UG.
- The candidate must be the domicile of the Gujarat state.
- The candidates who have cleared 10+2 standard education, or equivalent exam from the Gujarat board or any other board recognized by the Gujarat Government are eligible.
- The candidates whose parents are o Indian Origin but don’t possess Indian Citizenship can apply under the NRI quota.
- The age of the candidate must not be less than 17 years.
Application Process- MBBS Gujarat
The admission process is online. The admission conducting authority ACPUGMEC will release the online application on the official website. The candidates who desire to get MBBS admission to the best college in Gujarat can apply after completing a few steps.
- Each applicant has to purchase a 14-digit PIN and prospectus for admission. Applicants can purchase it from any AXIS bank branch.
- Now the applicants have to fill online application by entering their details academic details, and communication details.
- After filling out the application form, the candidates need to submit it and take a printout for future use.
- Once you filled the application form, you have to participate in the counseling process. After that, the candidate needs to report to the assigned center for the document verification process.
MBBS Gujrat Admission Process
Admission to MBBS and BDS courses is based on the NEET scores and counseling. After the NEET examination, a merit list will be released by the authorities. The candidates who are included in the merit list will be able to participate in NEET counseling.
Candidates need to apply for counseling. The counseling for 85% of MBBS State Quota seats will be conducted by ACPUGMEC. And the leftover 15% All India Quota seats counseling is organized by the MCC. The seats will be allotted based on scores and rank.
Once you get the Seat allotment letter you need to report to the assigned institute with the necessary documents for verification. Now you can lock the seat through fee payment.
MBBS Documents List
The candidate needs to take the following documents to the center for verification. Take original as well as photocopies of the document.
- 10th mark sheet and pass certificate
- 12th mark sheet and pass certificate
- NEET UG scorecard
- NEET admit card
- Copy of Passport (for foreign candidates)
- Domicile certificate
- Copy of PH certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Seat allotment letter
- Relevant proofs for citizenship and birth date.
- Tuition fees payment proof through AXIS bank.
Unlike other states, MBBS admission in Gujarat is done through NEET UG scores. The candidates who have successfully qualified for NEET can apply for MBBS Gujarat. The colleges of Gujarat are the best institutes for studying MBBS courses.
Medical colleges of Gujarat host highly qualified and experienced professors for teaching and guidance. The students will get wide exposure to medicine. Moreover, students will get several opportunities to learn and explore new things related to the medical field.