MBBS from Uttar Pradesh medical universities or college is the best choice. The MBBS admission in UP will begin on the basis of NEET 2022 results. Uttar Pradesh is the most populous state in India. It hosts various state universities and colleges for medical education.
Up is a big state and therefore there are number of education options too. Majority of the universities were established before 2010 in the state. These institutes offer number of faculties and experienced mentors which is the primary need of the medical students. In this article, you can learn about the basic information related to pursuing medicine in UP.
|Admission Level||State Level|
|Selection Procedure||Merit Based|
|Eligibility criteria||10+2 qualification with 50% marks in PCB.|
|Frequency of Exam||Once in a year.|
|Admission Authority||Directorate of medical education and training, Uttar Pradesh.|
Eligibility criteria For Admission
The eligibility criteria for the candidates seeking admission in Uttar Pradesh’s Medical colleges are as below-
- The minimum age of the candidate should 17 years as on 31st December of the academic year.
- Candidate who has passed 12th with Physics, chemistry, biology and English subjects can apply for the admission.
- Applicant must have passed 10+2 education or equivalent education from a recognized board of India. For the General category candidates securing 50% marks in PCB is mandatory and 40% marks for the ST/SC/OBC students.
- Last but most important is NEET qualification. Candidates must have passed NEET with good marks for MBBS admission.
MBBS Admission Process In UP
Admission procedure of Uttar Pradesh medical colleges and universities are so simple and easy. The MBBS seats are allotted on the basis of NEET exam results and counselling. No other examination will be accepted except NEET. NEET is the Single national level entrance examination for medical courses in India.
- The admission authority for medical courses in Uttar Pradesh is Directorate of Medical Education and Training, UP. However, the counselling will be conducted online either by the Medical Counselling Committee or Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS).
- After the NEET Results published by the authorities, the counseling authority release the NEET merit lists for the qualified candidates.
- The qualified candidate needs to fill the choices of colleges in which they want to take admission according to their marks.
- MBBS seats will be allotted on the basis of marks obtained in the NEET exam, college preferences, and performance during counselling. The candidates are advised to take necessary documents at the time of counselling.
Top Medical Colleges
Required Documents-MBBS in UP
The candidates are advised to rake all necessary documents along with the seat allotment letter to the college. Bring the original and Xerox both. Report the college before the last date of admission. Seat will be considered confirmed after the admission fee payment.
- NEET Admit card.
- NEET scorecard.
- Category certificate, if required.
- Domicile certificate
- Passport size photograph.
- Migration certificate.
Uttar Pradesh ranks on second number after Maharashtra in terms of medical college count. UP has plus 57 medical colleges. It is one of the largest medical seat providers for the MBBS course and other medical courses. You can find variety of faculties in Uttar Pradesh’s medical college. Therefore, MBBS admission in UP will never be a bad decision.
You will get excellent quality education in some of the oldest medical colleges in the Uttar Pradesh. Also, the fee of MBBS is affordable. Most of the college and universities offer best accommodation services and other facilities like library, computer lab, science labs, spacious classrooms, water, electricity, and all.