Bangladesh has become the center of attraction for Indian students to study MBBS in Bangladesh. Bangladeshi medical colleges provide a wide range of courses in medicine and allied disciplines. MBBS is one of the most adopted courses in Bangladesh by Indian students. Students must be aware of the college facilities, accommodation, infrastructures, cost of MBBS, living expenses, etc.
MBBS is the most competitive course in India. Majority of Indian students are not able to get admission in Indian medical colleges or universities. There are a number of reasons to opt for MBBS in Bangladesh. MBBS program is available at an affordable cost. You can save a lot of money by studying medicine in Bangladesh. You can also apply for a scholarship in Bangladesh.
Apart from tuition fees of MBBS, Bangladeshi colleges offer decent infrastructure and promising quality of education. MBBS from Bangladesh can be a sensible choice if you are not interested or getting admission to Indian colleges. Bangladeshi colleges are getting popular among international students.
MBBS in Bangladesh 2024 – Overview
|MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)
|Average fee structure
|25 lacs to 40 lakhs
|50% marks in PCB subjects.
|Based on merits.
|NEET is mandatory
|NMC, ECFMG, FAIMER, IMED, BMDC, and WDOMS.
Indian students get more advantages over other international students. India and Bangladesh share similar accents therefore, Indian students will not face difficulty in communication with locals. Although, the mode of communication is English medium in medical colleges of Bangladesh.
Another Major benefit of pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh is that the value of Bangladeshi currency is depreciated, allowing you to manage your expenses while enjoying the culture and all.
Bangladesh is the neighboring country of India. However, due to the neighboring country, you can travel from Bangladesh to India at a very low cost. The cost of traveling by plane is approximately 5,000 to 10,000 INR.
Indian students pursuing MBBS program from NMC recognized college can practice medicine in India after completing MBBS course. MBBS degree issued by the Bangladeshi colleges or universities is globally approved. It offers vast opportunities to practice medicine in south-East Asian counterparts.
While studying MBBS, you will get various chances to explore the culture of Bangladesh. In your spare time you can get knowledge of Bangladeshi culture and traditions. Also, you will meet new students from different countries on your graduation days. Remember that, international students abide by the law and rules of Government. So don’t participate in any arguments and avoid controversial or sensitive topics.
In Bangladesh, you will get a huge flow of patients in government hospitals of Bangladesh. Universities of Bangladesh have their own hospital for teaching and public welfare. Thus, you will get high clinical knowledge and real time experience.
Why Study MBBS in Bangladesh?
Bangladesh is one of the most preferred medical education destinations among Indian students. There are several benefits of studying medicine in Bangladesh.
- There is no separate entrance test in Bangladesh for getting admission in their medical colleges. NEET is the only mandatory examination to qualify for Indian students.
- National Medical Council is the authority for medical studies in India and NMC has approved medical colleges in Bangladesh.
- The study pattern of medical colleges in Bangladesh is almost similar to India. So there are no more differences in teaching methodology.
- No English proficiency test i.e. IELTS or TOFEL is required to study in Bangladesh.
- MBBS degree from Bangladesh is accepted globally means students may practice in any part of the world as per their laws.
- Bangladesh has the highest passing rate of foreign medical graduate examination (FMGE/NEXT) in comparison to other countries.
- Bangladesh is the closest country to India and it is safe for Indian students. Accommodation is not an issue because all the medical colleges offer good and separate hostels for both boys and girls.
MBBS in Bangladesh Fees
Studying medicine in Bangladesh is affordable than pvt colleges in India and Nepal. Students chose Bangladesh for several reasons and fee is one of them. Private medical colleges in India charge too much fee while study patterns are the same in both countries. Whole program fee in Bangladesh is between 25 to 35 Lakhs. There is no donation or hidden charges by the colleges.
Top Medical Colleges in Bangladesh
No. Medical College Established City Fee Structure
5 Bangladesh Medical College 1986 Dhaka 1 Institute of Applied Health Sciences 1989 Chittagong 6 Jahurul Islam Medical College 1992 Kishoreganj 8 Medical College for Women & Hospital 1992 Dhaka 10 Z. H. Sikder Women's Medical College 1992 Dhaka 12 Tairunnessa Memorial Medical College 1992 Gazipur 4 Dhaka National Medical College 1994 Dhaka 13 Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College 1994 Dhaka 2 Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College 1995 Sylhet 14 Community-Based Medical College 1995 Mymensingh 3 North East Medical College 1997 Sylhet 22 Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College 1998 Savar 7 North Bengal Medical College 2000 Sirajganj 23 Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College 2000 Dhaka 25 International Medical College 2000 Gazipur 11 BGC Trust Medical College 2002 Chittagong 15 Islami Bank Medical College 2003 Rajshahi 16 Central Medical College 2005 Comilla 17 Eastern Medical College 2005 Comilla 18 Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College 2005 Enayetpur 19 Chattagram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College 2005 Agrabad 20 Sylhet Women's Medical College 2005 Sylhet 21 Ibn Sina Medical College 2005 Dhaka 24 Southern Medical College 2006 Chittagong 9 Rangpur Community Medical College 2008 Rangpur
What is the duration of MBBS in Bangladesh?
Hope you have read and understood the above benefits of studying medicine in Bangladesh. Let’s talk about the duration of an MBBS course in Bangladesh. The duration of MBBS in Bangladesh is 6 years including 1 year compulsory internship.
The whole course is divided into two parts: theoretical and practical training. There is no doubt that Bangladesh delivers quality education and support to students.
What are the Eligibility Criteria in Bangladesh?
Every course and college has some certain eligibility criteria for a particular program. Eligibility criteria may vary in various countries and institutions. Candidates who want MBBS admission in Bangladesh, must follow required eligibility criteria. Eligibility points has been given below-
- Students must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board i.e. state boards, CBSE, ICSE, ISC or other.
- Applicants must have studied physics, chemistry and biology as mandatory subjects.
- Applicants must secure a minimum 60% marks in their 10+2 program in PCB.
- Applicants must have passed the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency.
The course is divided into three phases. Checkout the subjects which are covered in the whole MBBS program.
|Phase – 1
|Pre-clinical subjects- Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Physiology.
|Phase – 2
|Paraclinical subjects- Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here.
|Phase – 3
|Clinical subjects- Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Obstetrics and Gynaecology; Paediatrics. Surgery and allied subjects (Anaesthesiology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics) also started during third phase.
MBBS in Bangladesh Admission Process
Admission process in Bangladesh is not as difficult as in other countries. MBBS admission in Bangladesh is simple. Medical colleges in Bangladesh provide admission on the basis of 10+2 merit and NEET.
- Candidates should fill the university’s application form with required details and documents.
- After reviewing the application, the college or university will offer an admission letter to the student.
- Apply for a student visa with all supporting documents.
- Enroll in the program and submit the prescribed course fee to the university.
Here is the checklist of documents-
- 10th marksheet and certificate
- 11th marksheet
- 12th marksheet and certificate
- Original passport
- Police clearance certificate
- Affidavit (sponsorship)
- Bank statement (six months)
- University admission letter
- University fee confirmation letter
- Equivalence certificate (from university)
- University admission form
- Visa application form
- 12 Photographs on matt paper
- Equivalence TT copy
- University fee TT copy
- Demand draft in favour of Bangladesh High Commission
Book My Medical College (BMMC) is one of the leading medical educational consultancies in India. We offer admission guidance for world’s best medical colleges and universities. Consult us for MBBS in Bangladesh admission process and our dedicated and experienced counselor will assist you.