Semey State Medical University was established in 1952. It is located in “Semey” the second largest city of Kazakhstan. It was known as ‘Semipalatinsk State Medical institute’, but after 40 years it was renamed as Semey State medical University. Semey University is one of the best medical universities in Kazakhstan offering MBBS courses.
Medicine faculty was the first faculty of this university which took place in the year 1953. Semey University also introduced other faculties such as Pediatrics, Stomatology, Medico Prophylactic, Pharmaceutical and General Medicine in 2003.
At present, there are 3000+ students including international students studying in the university. There are more than 450 faculy staff in the university. It has many associated training hospital for practical experience and students can do their internship at these affiliated hospitals to get hands- on experience.
Highlights of the University
|Six years duration, including one year Internship.
|MBBS Fees Structure
|Around 2 lakhs per year.
|Basic Eligibility Criteria
|10+2 qualification with at least 50% marks in PCB subjects.
|Indian students are required to pass NEET.
|Application last date
|End of October.
|It is recognized by WHO and NMC.
|National rank is 17th position and world ranking is 5059th rank.
|Mode of teaching
MBBS Course Duration
Generally, MBBS course duration offered by Semey Medical University is five years. The medium of teaching is English in the university for international students. However, the entire five years duration covers the fundamentals of general medicine and surgery.
After five years of theoretical studies, students have to go through one year of Internship at associated training hospitals of University or they can pursue it from any other country.
Courses offered by Semey University
University offers courses at bachelor, Master, Diploma and Ph.D. level to the students in different faculties of Medicine.
- Faculty of general Medicine.
- Faculty of Public Health.
- Faculty of Pharmacology.
- Faculty of Stomatology.
- Faculty of Hygienic Disciplines.
- Faculty of Biochemistry.
- Faculty of Chemical disciplines.
- Faculty of Forensic medicine.
- Faculty of Anatomy.
- Faculty of Physiology.
- Faculty of Children diseases.
- Faculty of Neurology.
- Faculty of Pediatrics.
- Faculty of Obstetrics.
- Faculty of Infectious diseases.
- Faculty of Psychiatry.
- Faculty of Post-graduate.
Semey State Medical University MBBS fees Structure
The Fee structure of SSMU is quite affordable compared to other medical universities of Kazakhstan. The cost of an MBBS course is much cheaper or almost 50% less than Indian private colleges. Indian students seeking admission over here will find it much affordable and it doesn’t fall heavy on your pockets as well.
Advantages of Semey State Medical University
- Semey Medical University is considered as one of the finest medical universities of Kazakhstan.
- It is recognized by the medical council of India and also by the World Health organization.
- Universities just don’t emphasize on theoretical studies but also prepare students mentally and practically.
- For Indian students MBBS is available in English Medium.
- The Fee structure of MBBS is quite cheap.
- University teaching staff involves highly educated and experienced members.
- Environment of the University is conducive and student oriented.
- There is no need of entrance exam donation and proficiency test.
- University offers best quality education and world class infrastructure.
- Cost of living is nominal.
- A globally recognized MBBS degree awarded by the university to the graduated students.
SSMU MBBS Eligibility Criteria
- Indian aspirants who want to take admission in Semey Medical University have to fulfill the eligibility criteria to get admission;
- The minimum age of Indian students must be 17 years or above as on 31st December at admission year.
- Students of general category must have to secure at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at 12th standard from the regular board.
- In case of reserved categories students have to acquire a minimum of 45% marks in 12th standard.
- All Indian students have to qualify for the NEET-UG examination to get admission in Semey University. Additionally they must have a valid passport.
Semey State Medical University Admission Procedure
Intake process of Semey University is very simple, fast and transparent. There are few steps to follow for the admission –
- Students have to fill an application form available on the official website of SSMU along with required documents.
- After the verification of your details and documents by the university, they will send you a confirmation letter and then students need to deposit their tuition fee to the university through bank transfer.
- After getting a confirmation letter students shall start their immigration procedure. Once the university will receive approval they will issue an invitation letter to the students.
- Next step is to apply for a Visa. Visa approval will take nearly 30 days.
- After getting your visa, you can book your tickets and depart to Kazakhstan.
Documents required for MBBS admission
- 10th and 12th mark sheet and passing certificate.
- A copy of your online application form.
- Original Birth Certificate.
- A valid international passport.
- A recently clicked 10-15 passport size Photographs.
- Medical certificate declaring that you are mentally and physically fit.
- Candidate’s Eligibility Certificate
- NEET Scorecard and Pass Certificate
- From 2020 onwards candidates have to submit their COVID-19 report as well for tested negative.
- Candidate’s school Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Invitation Letter by the University.
- Adhaar card or PAN card for residential address proof.
Recognition of the University
- Semey State Medical University is approved by the National Medical council of India.
- The university also listed in WHO.
- The Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan also accredited SSMU for offering quality education.
Semey State Medical University Accommodation and Facilities
- University provides fine and comfortable accommodation to the students. Hostel premises are located near the university campus.
- There are separate hostels for boys and girls. Rooms are spacious and clean all the time. Basic utilities such as Bed, cupboard, side table, study table, chair, blanket & mattress, and fan lamp are provided by the university.
- Indian foods are also available in the hostel for Indian students.
- There is a common Kitchen, Laundry, Hall, sports complex and Mess for all students. Additionally, 24 hours water, electricity, gas, central heating system, and emergency services are available.
- University provides a conductive and friendly environment.
- Offered degree is accepted globally.
- Teaching members are highly qualified.
- There are nearby cafeterias, grocery shops, local market, stationery and hospitals.
- Occasionally events, sports, workshops, guest talks, seminars are organized by the University.
- Semey has strong relations with international universities and tie-ups with various organizations.
Semey State Medical University World Ranking
Semey State Medical university world ranking is 5059th rank. On the other hand, it is the 17th most popular medical university of Kazakhstan. Semey University is a prominent co-educational higher institution offering medical education at a considerable fees structure.