MBBS admission in abroad is an excellent opportunity for the aspirants seeking MBBS outside India. The medical profession is a flourishing career option and choosing to pursue MBBS abroad is beneficial for Indian medical aspirants. With over 10 plus worldwide destinations, the candidates can choose to study in a top-ranked college. There is various NMC-approved medical college abroad.
These colleges or universities are the reputed institutes of the country for studying MBBS. After completing MBBS abroad, the students will get a globally recognized medical degree. The universities and colleges offer a plethora of services.
|Duration of MBBS||5 to 6 years|
|Intake MBBS||September to November|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% marks in PCB, NEET qualified|
|Medium of communication/Course||English Medium|
|MBBS Fees structure||3800 to 8000 USD per year|
|Living Cost||100-250 USD per month|
|Recognition||NMC, WHO, FIAMER, Ministry of Education|
|Top Destinations||Russia, Kazakhstan, Nepal, Georgia, Bangladesh, Philippines.|
Study MBBS Abroad
Studying MBBS abroad is a wise decision. Numerous students want to become a doctor. Abroad universities are open for both national and international students. However, the fee structure and course duration vary due to the variation in the education system of different countries.
The majority of the countries offer high-standard medical education programs. As far as the MBBS is concerned, so the tenure of the MBBS program is 6 years in most countries. The candidates have to undergo five years of classroom education and one year of internship. 1-year Internship after completing classroom education is mandatory.
Furthermore, if you want to apply for the MBBS course, then you should check out the latest important dates for admission. To study MBBS abroad, the candidate needs to clear the NEET entrance test. Moreover, the candidate must have secured 50% marks in PCB in 10+2 education.
Foreign medical colleges feature a robust medical education system and high-standard medical terms. Some universities require TOEFL/IELTS qualifications for the MBBS course. The aspirant needs to pass any of one tests to get MBBS Admission.
To study MBBS abroad, Indian students must apply to the top medical college abroad that is approved by the NMC, WHO. After completing MBBS from abroad, Indian students can practice in India after clearing the screening test. All candidates are required to pass a screening test to work as a registered medical professionals Doctor.
Benefits Of MBBS Admission In Abroad
There are several reasons or benefits to studying MBBS Abroad. Let’s have a closer look at some major benefits of MBBS courses from an international university.
- In India, the competition is very high for MBBS admission. There is enormous competition between the medical aspirants. However, studying MBBS in foreign countries is a slightly easier process.
- Opting for MBBS in international countries opens various opportunities to get experience and exposure.
- Pursuing MBBS in foreign countries is quite cheaper than the private medical colleges in India.
- National Medical Commission has approved the MBBS degree offered by the medical universities abroad.
- International universities are also recognized by several other bodies such as WHO, FAIMER, Etc.
- After completing the MBBS course from abroad, the candidates can practice in foreign universities as well.
- Universities offer high-quality infrastructure, well-equipped laboratories, international standard curriculum, big machines, and ample facilities.
- Abroad, some universities also offer direct admission to Indian students.
- The cost of the MBBS course is low.
- The universities are situated in safe areas which are also good for the safety and security of the national and international students.
- Studying MBBS from international universities offers wide medical exposure and a better experience. It also increases career options.
- Most the universities are well-equipped, they offer modern facilities and amenities to the students.
- Many universities have tie-ups with several top-ranked universities in various countries.
- In some medical institutions, IELTS/TOFEL is not required.
Duration Of MBBS Abroad
The MBBS course in most universities is 6 years including one-year internship. The candidate needs to do a one-year internship after completing five years of classroom education. International universities offer the latest course curriculum for updated knowledge and skills. The first two years are generally foundation years. The university creates a good base during these two years. It will help the students to understand the basics that will apply later.
In the last three-four years, the students will practice the theoretical knowledge at specific training hospitals. They will work under the guidance of senior doctors.
The cost of MBBS education in foreign universities is very pocket-friendly. It is cheaper than the cost of private institutions in India. There are numerous similarities between MBBS abroad and MBBS India but the one factor that differentiates the abroad universities from India is their lesser cost. The students will enjoy the wholesome advantages of MBBS studies at an affordable price.
Eligibility Criteria of MBBS Abroad
To get MBBS admission to an international university, the candidates are required to fulfill some eligibility criteria. The basic criteria of MBBS Abroad are given below.
- The age of the candidate should be 17 years or more. There is no upper age limit.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 in science subjects (Physics, chemistry, and Biology).
- The candidates are needed to obtain at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology along with English subjects. For the ST/SC and OBC category students, the required percentage marks are 45% or 40%.
- Students must. Hold a valid passport.
- He/she must have qualified NEET entrance test.
MBBS Admission Procedure Abroad
The admission procedure of getting an MBBS in abroad is a very simple and quick process. First of all, the student needs to pass the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET is for Indian aspirants. After clearing the entrance test, the next step is to apply y fill out the admission form to the university properly.
After the application submitting, the students will get an offer letter from the university, if the applicant is eligible. Now, you have to pay MBBS course fee to the university. After depositing the course fees, the candidates have to submit the essential documents for verification.
When the documents get verified, you can start the VISA process. However, after getting VISA, the candidate can board to the university where they want to study MBBS.
Necessary Documents for Studying MBBS Abroad
We have mentioned the list of all essential documents that may be for MBBS abroad admission.
- Mark sheet of both 10 and 12 classes.
- Application form of the university.
- NEET Scorecard.
- School transfer certificate
- A valid passport and VISA
- No Objection Certificate
- Medical Check-up Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Bank statement of the guardian
- Birth Certificate
- Code of Conduct Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
Features of MBBS Abroad
The best features of MBBS abroad that attracts Indian students are mentioned below.
- The students can apply for an education loan.
- Students can avail the of scholarship programs in foreign countries.
- The economical fee structure allows the students to study medicine with ease.
- The universities offer excellent students teacher ratios.
- Most universities offer MBBS courses in bilingual languages. Whereas, the English language is used as the main language for teaching.
- As most universities offer MBBS in English, it will become easy for the students to communicate easily with the teachers.
- Some international universities allow the students to pay the tuition fee in installments.
- Universities offer modern infrastructure for study.
Recognition Of MBBS Abroad
The students should be careful when choosing the MBBS from an international university. Make sure that the institutions are recognized by the following organizations.
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates or ECFMG
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research or FAIMER
- World Federation for Medical Education or WFME
Scholarship for International Students
- Many foreign universities offer a various scholarships to international students concerning their academic performance and other factors.
- To get this scholarship, candidates have to obtain good marks. They should be aware of the respective scholarship.
Accommodation of MBBS Students
Accommodation is one of the essential requirements of the students seeking MBBS Admission Abroad. Some basic facilities offered by the international universities are mentioned below.
- Separate Hostel for girls and boys.
- Hostel rooms are well-furnished and contain air conditioners.
- Some of the universities offer facilities like a gym, laundry, common kitchen, refrigerator, etc.
- The University hostel also offers an indoor sports facility.
- Most of the universities are located near the campus.
- Universities also offer a common study hall to students studying medicine abroad.
Syllabus Of MBBS Abroad
|1st Year||Basic Science subjects – Anatomy, Physiology, and Bio-chemistry with some learning of Community Medicine.|
|2nd Year||Paramedical Subjects- Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, and Forensic Medicine with Community Medicine|
|3rd Year Part-I||Ophthalmology, ENT, and Community Medicine|
|3rd Year Part-II||Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and gynecology, and Paediatrics|
Summary Of MBBS Abroad
Whenever you are planning MBBS admission abroad, you should keep in mind that the university should be NMC-approved. It should be located in a safe place. There are a few things that you should be aware of such as VISA rules, currency conversion rates, etc. though MBBS abroad is a low-cost program there will be other expenses too while staying in another country.
So, calculate the cost of living to get a rough idea of expenses. After completing MBBS from abroad, the candidate can practice as a medical professional without any delay. All you have to do is just clear the NMC screening test. Students who have completed MBBS Abroad are getting handsome salary in India. Or they can pursue higher specialized courses (PG courses) to get expertise in a particular field.