Odisha is an Eastern state of India. It is the 8th largest state of India. Odisha hosts approximately 1950 MBBS seats in various medical colleges in Odisha. So, we talk about the number of medical colleges offering MBBS seats, there are six medical colleges offering seats to the eligible medical aspirants. So, if you are seeking MBBS admission in Odisha, you have to satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Today, we will discuss the MBBS admission Odisha, therefore read the article till the end to know about the basic eligibility criteria, counseling, course fee, required documents, and others.
MBBS Admission In Odisha- Glance
|Degree||Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)|
|Duration||4.5 years + 1 Year Internship|
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||10+2 qualification in science subjects, and valid scores obtained in NEET-UG.|
|Admission organizing body||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board, Odisha.|
|Admission based on||Merit and Rank|
Top MBBS Colleges in Odisha
|1||Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar(Deemed University)|
|2||Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital, Bhubaneswar|
|3||Hi-Tech Medical College & Hospital, Rourkela|
|4||Instt. Of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar(Deemed University)|
Eligibility Criteria- MBBS Odisha
It must be noted that the MBBS Odisha Admission is based on the NEET-UG scores and the eligibility criteria laid down by the NEET and admission authority. For getting admission to Odisha medical college, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria. So, before registering for admission the candidates are requested to go through the eligibility criteria defined by the admission body.
- The basic eligibility criteria for MBBS admission are given below.
- Applicants must belong to the Odisha Domicile.
- The applicant whose parents are working in All India Civil Services in the cadre of Odisha is eligible to apply.
- The aspirants must be a minimum of 17 years of age. However, as per the eligibility criteria, the candidate must not be more than 25 years of age.
- The candidates are required to clear 10+2 or equivalent standard education from a recognized board in the country. The candidate must pass 10+2 with physics, chemistry, Biology, and English as the main subjects.
- The candidate of the general category must have obtained at least 50% aggregate, 40% for ST/SC candidates, and 45% for PH candidates.
- Last, but very important is NEET. The candidates must have passed the NEET entrance test with valid scores.
Application Process- Odisha MBBS 2022
Now when you know the eligibility criteria, the candidates can get admission to Odisha colleges based on NEET scores. The candidates are required to apply through the official website. The application process is online. The online application is a smooth and easy process. You have to fill in the details and attach the documents. The application fee is INR 1000 which should be paid online.
MBBS Admission Process
The MBBS seats will be offered to the students who fulfill the eligibility criteria. The candidates must have secured a valid NEET cut-off percentile. The admission of the candidates will be based on NEET scores and OJEE counseling conducted by the authorized body.
As soon as the results will be displayed, a merit list will be prepared by the OJEE. After the merit list will be released, the candidates are required to participate in OJEE Medical Seat Allotment Process. They have to fill the choice (colleges of their preference).
After that, seats will be allotted based on merit and rank. The enlisted candidates have to download their seat allotment letter and reach the allotted institute along with the required documents.
Required Document List
The essential documents required for admission are mentioned below.
- 10th, 12th passing certificates, and mark sheets
- Aadhar Card
- NEET Rank Card and Hall Ticket
- Birth Certificate
- Nativity certificate (If Applicable)
- Medical Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
Odisha host almost 1950 MBBS seats in various medical colleges located in Odisha. There are ample colleges to offer MBBS admission to eligible students. So, if you also want to take admission, you have to meet the eligibility criteria and get admission to the best medical colleges in Odisha. Note that the separate counseling will be conducted for 85% of state Quota seats and 15% Govt. reserved seats.