MBBS in Nepal is considered as the prime choice of many medical aspirants around the world. Students are giving much more attraction to Nepal Medical Universities. In the sheds of the Himalayan Mountains, Nepal has taken many praising measures to boost the medical education and Health sector of the nation.
The Education System in Nepal is the same as the Indian education system and Nepal also follows NMC (MCI) Syllabus and pattern of study set by the Medical Council of India. There is much another similarity among both nations, like, MBBS course duration in both nations is same, it takes 5+1 year to complete medicine course in Nepal. The first four and a half-year are dedicated to theoretical studies (Basic Science and Clinical Science) and one year for internship. Some Medical institutes located in Nepal are owned by Indians and most of their medicine faculty members are of Indian origin, which makes it easier for Indian students to understand things easily and study comfortably in another country.
Unlike India and other developed countries, Nepal also has a Medical authority named as Medical Council of India which regularly monitors the activities of medical colleges and Universities of Nepal, Medical institutes of Nepal are approved by the Medical Council of India.
After completing the MBBS course successfully from Nepal institutes students are awarded the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree, Students are also availed with the opportunity of campus placement by colleges. Or one can come back to their nation for practicing in India or He / She can look for further studies.
MBBS in Nepal Highlights
|Course Name||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. (MBBS)|
|Course Duration||6 years of duration.|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 education with PCB subjects.|
|Course Fees Structure||46 to 75 for 5 years.|
|Accommodation charges||1 lakhs annually.|
|Approval||Approved by the WHO and NMC.|
|Concerning authority name||Medical Council of Nepal.|
|Mode of lectures||English|
|Nepal Medical Colleges Affiliation||Colleges are affiliated to Kathmandu University.|
Nepal is sufficiently a right place to pursue medicine courses for Indian candidates and others, with low cost of tuition fees and many chances to become a professional Physician. Nepal universities provide world-class infrastructure and innovative technologies with modern teaching aids to learn and study in a comfort zone. Nepal has delivered education in the medical field for many years. It started its first institute of Health Training workers around 75 years ago.
Nepal Government has taken further steps for the development of the Medical sector (Learning and Teaching) from the Middle of 20th Century. However, after a few years it established the Institute of Medicine under Tribhuvan University that offers training programs in different specialisations of medicine. In the last two decades, Nepal has set up many healthcare training institutions and medical educational institutes. Nowadays, there is a huge demand for healthcare workers worldwide and this is the major reason for expansion of medical institutions around the world. There are a lot of countries offering MBBS courses at a low fees structure.
MBBS in Nepal Fees Structure
Fees structure of Nepal Medical colleges are very cheap and can be easily afforded by an average earning family student. Nepal offers medicine courses at low cost and affordable prices so that students can easily pay the amount. The total amount to be invested for studies in Nepal medical college is minimum 46-75 lakhs Indian rupees.
|Medical College||Total Fees||Year wise Fee|
|Janaki Medical College||INR 46,00,000|
|KIST Medical College||INR 48,00,000|
|Gandaki Medical College||INR 50,00,000|
|Nepal Medical College||INR 52,00,000|
|Devdaha Medical College And Research Institute||INR 52,00,000|
|Chitwan Medical College||INR 52,00,000|
|Lumbini Medical College||INR 53,00,000|
|Birat Medical College||INR 53,00,000|
|Kathmandu Medical College||INR 54,00,000|
|Nobel Medical College||INR 56,00,000|
|College of Medical Science Nepal||INR 58,00,000|
|Universal College Of Medical Sciences Nepal||INR 58,00,000|
|Nepalgunj Medical College||INR 60,00,000|
|National Medical College||INR 62,50,000|
|Manipal College Of Medical Science||INR 75,00,000|
Study MBBS in Nepal Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants who are seeking MBBS admission in Nepal institutions have to fulfil the requirement of Nepal Universities in order to take admission. If you will find eligible and have all documents, you can apply for admissions. Eligibility criteria are the same across all medical colleges in Nepal. Eligibility for MBBS in Nepal are written below;
- Candidate’s minimum age should be 17 years old or as on 31st December for the same year.
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 education or any other equivalent examination from a recognized board of country and have obtained at least 50% marks in major subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Candidates must have qualified NEET entrance examination and obtained Valid Scores to take admission in medical colleges.
- Candidates have to submit the Eligibility Certificate Issued by the concerned authority of the country and for Indian candidates it should be issued by the Medical Council of India.
Admission Procedure in Nepal Medical Colleges
If you want to pursue MBBS in Nepal medical colleges, then you have to go through the following procedure set by MCN. An Entrance examination is conducted by the Kathmandu University for MBBS course admission in all its affiliated colleges. Candidates need to qualify the exam in order to take admission in any of its associated medical colleges.
The examination will be held in the month of August / September. Students need to appear in the Examination and secure at least 40-50% marks. Seats will be allocated according to the percentile and availability of seats in medical colleges. Candidates can look for the next options, Management quota, and Foreign Quota if failing to obtain valid marks.
International candidates have to go through a selection process and admission will depend on its result. Some universities will take a personal interview, so students would have to go through a painstaking interview process. During the interview candidate’s Aptitude, basic skills, personal and academic information will be judged by the team of professors. And if a candidate has been selected then he/she can register with the respective university.
The candidate requires submitting a copy of some important documents to the university at admission time like Eligibility certificate, Academic certificates, etc.
Documents to be needed for Admission
Candidates are required to take all below listed documents along with them for the admission process and don’t share the original copy with anyone. No Visa is required for Indian students to enter or stay in Nepal.
- A valid passport
- Academic certificates like higher Secondary Education certificate, Transfer Certificate, Character certificate, etc.
- Eligibility Certificate issued by the concerning medical authority of the nation.
- Passport-size photographs
- Nationality Certificate may be an Identity card, Adhar card, Photocopy of passport, Etc.
- A self-addressed envelope card for the acknowledgment letter
- An invitation letter by the University
- An Original Birth Certificate
- Approval letter by both nations for studying in a foreign land
MBBS Course Duration
MBBS course duration in Nepal is the same as Indian medical duration. It takes 5.5 years to complete the entire course. Bachelor of medicine and bachelor of Surgery is a long professional course and it appears as the most reputed profession in Indian society.
The first four and a half years are dedicated to theoretical studies like basic or clinical science and one year is for compulsory internship. Candidates need to do their internship in prescribed medical hospitals or Medical centers of Nepal. Students are provided through practical cases to do hand practice and improve skills.
Mode of Lectures
While discussing the whole procedure, how do we let this topic be undiscussed? Modes of instruction at Nepal universities/ Colleges are strictly in English Medium. But if you learn their local language it makes it easier for you to interact with local patients at internship time.
However, courses are available in two languages namely; Nepalese and English with different course duration.
MBBS Syllabus for MBBS course
Pursuing a Medical course form Nepal University is not a new notion for Indian pursuants, it is common for a long year. Because of the similarity in language, environment, medical course and syllabus and affordable fee structure it has become the prime choice of Indian students. We have listed the complete syllabus for 9 semesters in 4.5 years of theoretical studies.
1st part subjects are devoted for the first four Semesters
Anatomy, pharmacology, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Physiology, Pathology, and Microbiology
2nd part subjects are dedicated to the next five semesters related to clinical subjects
Pediatrics, Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Radiology, Toxicology, Skin and VD, Infectious and Forensic medicine
Students would not be allowed for the fifth semester if he/ she fails to acquire passing marks in pathology, microbiology and pharmacology. After completing four semesters successfully students would be taken for field visits to Kathmandu to fulfil the requirement of Community Medicine.
Why Study MBBS in Nepal?
There are many factors supporting Medical education of Nepal and continuous development in the different fields either it is socio-economic development, environmental Science, Humanities, or interns opportunity, Nepal is the best choice. Nepal stands proudly for its advancement and its developing economy making it the nation of opportunities.
- One of the primary reasons supporting Medical colleges of Nepal is NMC recognition for MBBS courses in Nepal. There are many colleges approved by NMC and WHO.
- Affordable fees structure as compared to private Indian colleges is another solid reason to look for Nepal College.
- Some colleges also provide students Scholarship programs in order to support eligible students financially, who are not financially strong enough.
- Students will get a chance to explore the beauty of Nepal and learn some extra skills while studying in another land.
- As we have already mentioned that there is no difference regarding syllabus, exam pattern, study curriculum and even lifestyle and language are also the same and it is one of the big advantages for Indian candidates to live and study there.
- The cost of living is very cheap and when it comes to food Nepalese food and cuisine are similar to Indian food and it is available everywhere in Nepal.
- Medical universities of Nepal are known for their quality education and international study structure and all these are available at affordable price. Students will get full exposure and detailed knowledge during studies.
- Faculty and Staff members in Nepal colleges are too conductive and supportive in nature. Lectures are delivered by professors and scholars.
- The weather in Nepal is pleasant and excellent.
- Hostel facility is available in most medical colleges, separate hostels are available for girls and boys on Single and twin sharing.
- Colleges are actively participating in co-curricular activities for growth and development of students and arrange various debates and seminars programs for students.
About Destination Country Nepal
Nepal is known as an Asian Country mainly situated in the heart of Himalayas. It is a landlocked country of South Asia, rich in many minerals and which includes Indo-gangetic plains. The estimated population of Nepal is 26.4 million and it is the world’s 48th densely populated and 93rd largest country. Nepal shares its border from India, China, Bangladesh, and few other countries. Kathmandu is the capital city of Nepal and the official language is Nepali. Nepal has a diverse geography that comprises fertile plains and dense mountain forests and it also includes the world’s eight tallest mountains out of ten.
Nepal has adopted its constitution in 2015, becoming a secular parliamentary republic divided into seven provinces. It signed a friendship treaty with India in 1950 and with China in 1960. The Military force of Nepal is the fifth largest military in South Asia. Nepal is notable for Gorkha’s history during World wars.
It has a strong relation with foreign countries and very good relations with its neighbouring countries like India and China. Because of the Long- lasting treaty and friendly relation between Nepal and India citizens can travel without Visa. Nepal is the country of Hinduism and it is notable for its biodiversity and culture. The main food of Nepalese are Dal and Rice but you can find many other interesting cuisines also there. Nepal Medical universities are well connected by the important roads connected from other cities, so you can easily reach any destination at less fare.
FAQs About Studying in Nepal
It takes a minimum of 45 to 65 lakhs while students have to pay an approximate amount of Rs. 80-90 lakhs in India to study MBBS.
Yes, NEET is Compulsory as per the new regulation of NMC India. According to the new rule, an aspirant who wants to study abroad has to qualify a NEET examination.
Yes, the degree awarded by the Nepal universities is valid in India only after you complete your course successfully, and after completion, you will get a license to practice in India.
It is a wise decision to Pursue MBBS from Nepal. MBBS in Nepal is available in English language and designed in accordance with international standards.