Bangladesh Medical College – Overview
In the list of top medical colleges of Bangladesh, Bangladesh Medical College holds an important place. It is also known BMC. College was founded in 1986 by a group of people dedicated towards medical education and scientific research. College is located in Dhanmondi, Dhaka in Bangladesh. College is administrated and controlled by the Bangladesh Medical Studies and Research institute.
BMC is a private Medical college of Bangladesh. College offer graduate and postgraduate courses in medicine. College has few seats reserved for the international students. College also provide MBBS program for 6 years. Its first batch was commenced in 1987.
BMC is affiliated to the Dhaka University. Whereas, it is also recognized by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council and Medical Council of India. BMC is known for finest medical education and top class infrastructure provided to the students.
MBBS in Bangladesh Medical College
Pursuing MBBS from Bangladesh Medical College is relatively is good option. Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, is of six years duration along with one year internship. Since, BMC is one of the oldest college therefore, it has most skilled teaching staffs and several well-experienced members associated with the college.
Indian students seeking admission in Bangladesh will also get added benefits of similar lifestyle, food, culture similar course curriculum and many more things. Aspiring MBBS candidates have to apply earlier because the number of seats are limited. While studying in Bangladesh, you will also get exposure to the traditional culture of Bangladesh and other countries.
Highlights of College
|Established in 1986.
|MBBS course availability
|MBBS course duration
|Six years including Internship.
|Basic Eligibility criteria
|12th qualification with minimum 50 % marks in PCB.
|NEET-UG qualification with valid scores.
|Medium of teaching
|Recognized by BMDC, NMC, WHO, etc.
Bangladesh Medical College MBBS Duration
- The duration of MBBS programs in BMC is six years.
- Further, course is separated into two sections that is classroom studies and Internship.
- The course structure of MBBS is divided into three parts, premedical, paramedical and clinical subjects. While studying students will also get practical classes side by side.
- Doing Internship is compulsory for all students but Indian students have an option to do it from Indian Hospital.
Bangladesh Medical College Fees Structure
The tuition fees of MBBS in BMC is low-priced. The average cost of MBBS is in between 25-30 lakhs. As compare to the Indian private colleges/universities the cost of medicine courses in Bangladesh is quite affordable. The quality of education provided by the college is standard. On the other hand cost of programs is low.
Bangladesh Medical College Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of the college is very simple and sophisticated. Aspiring candidate must meet with the below criteria to get admission in BMC. Bangladesh Medical College admission requirements is given below.
- Age of the candidate must be 17 or above at admission year.
- Candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Certificate education from a recognized board.
- He / She must have secured at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects.
- Indian candidates must have qualified NEET-UG entrance examination to take medical admission abroad.
- Candidate must have a valid passport.
Bangladesh Intake Process Intake Process
- Registration shall be started from March.
- Registration ends by June or July.
- Admission in BMC starts from October.
- Academic year begins from January and end in the month of July next year.
Bangladesh Medical College Admission Procedure
BMC admission procedure is easy and less time taking. College offer direct admission facility to the foreign students. Student don’t need to appear for entrance examination. Students were selected through their marks obtained in 10th and 12th standard and NEET-UG scores are significantly considered for admission.
Steps to apply
- Go to the official website of the BMC.
- Fill the application form correctly.
- Upload the scanned copies of required documents.
- Pay the application fees and submit the form.
- After reviewing your application and documents, you will receive a confirmation letter by the college/university.
- Now pay the tuition fees of first year.
- Start your migration formalities and also get permission of Ministry of External Affairs of your country.
- Get your Visa by the Bangladeshi Embassy in your country.
- Now you are ready to move Bangladesh and start your MBBS studies.
Required Documents for Admission
- 10Th and 12th standard mark sheets and certificate.
- School leaving certificate.
- NEET scorecards.
- Passport size photographs.
- Birth certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Police Clearance Certificate.
- Bank statement records.
- Fee payment receipt.
- A valid passport or other nationality proofs.
Note: All the documents must be verified by the Bangladesh Mission Abroad and Education Ministry of your country.
Bangladesh Medical College Recognition and Ranking
Bangladesh Medical College world ranking 18708 rank. Moreover, the country ranking is 73rd position. BMC is a famous college of Bangladesh that provides outstanding medical education to the national and international students.
- College is recognized by many medical authorities and approved by the Ministry of Education, Bangladesh.
- Medical Council of India and Medical and Dental council of Bangladesh has also approved BMC.
- Recognized by World Federation of Medical Education.
Why to choose Bangladesh Medical College
- Pursing MBBS from BMC is cost effective.
- Since, Bangladesh is one of nearest countries from India thus, travelling cost is also low.
- Bangladesh Medical College is an oldest medical institute of Bangladesh. Therefore, it has best teaching staffs and experience holders working in BMC.
- Indian students don’t requires to appear for entrance exam due to direct admission policy.
- College offer Low Cost MBBS program.
- Bangladesh houses many well- equipped hospitals and research centers that will be an advantage for medical students.
- Quality of Education offered at BMC is benchmark for other institutions.
- No IELTS or TOFEL tests qualification is required.
- College is recognized by National Medical Council of India.
- Student friendly environment of the college is prefect for Students.
- Presence of students from different nations promote multiple culture in College.
- Comfortable accommodation is provide at college hostel.
- MBBS degree provided by the college is recognized in the world.
- Scholarship is also awarded on the basis of Merits.
As shown above, MBBS from Bangladesh Medical College is a good investment for the long run. Graduates from Bangladesh have high FMGE passing percentage and they can also appear for the screening test of other countries. Some colleges of Bangladesh also provide MD/MS courses to the international students.