Enam Medical College – Overview
Enam Medical College was founded in 2003. It is located in Savar, Dhaka. Enam College is a private Medical college that offers an MBB program to Indian students. It is a renowned medical college among other colleges offering MBBS in Bangladesh. College is set up after completing the criteria of Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Bangladesh. College is affiliated to Dhaka University.
College is nicely built and it has its own hospital for the local patients and practical training of the students. Hospital building has 1000 beds and the latest machines for treatment. Hospitals are well-ventilated and indoor & outdoor facilities.
Besides studies, co-curricular activities are also performed by the students such as sports, games, cultural activities, social work, annual college festivals, etc. college is recognized by National Medical Council of India, listed in International directories of Medical schools such as IMED and FAIMER.
There are various departments of medicine in EMC. College provides bachelor and master degree programs in the field of medicine.
MBBS in Enam Medical College
Enam College provides an MBBS program to Indian and other International students at affordable cost. Whereas, the quality of education and infrastructure is exemplary for other medical colleges of Bangladesh. The First batch of MBBS program took place in 2003-2004. First MBBS batch consists of only 50 students but at present, the college enrolls 150 students annually.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery is a six years long professional course. The ratio of teacher-students is adequate. The batch is generally small in Bangladeshi Medical colleges. MBBS is taught in the English language. Additionally, practical classes are also conducted by the college. The faculty members of college are highly qualified and focus on overall development of the students.
|In the year 2003.
|MBBS course availability
|MBBS course duration
|50% marks in PCB subjects.
|NEET-UG qualification required.
|Medium of teaching
|Recognized by WHO and NMC.
MBBS Course Duration
- MBBS course duration at EMC is six years including one year internship.
- Course is divided into two parts, a five year academic course and one year internship.
- During five years students will learn fundamentals of medical science and clinical subjects.
- After completing academic studies, a one year internship is mandatory. Internship is provided at Enam Medical College and Hospital or affiliated hospitals. Indian students can do internships from India.
Enam Medical College Fees structure
MBBS Fees structure of Enam College is economical. MBBS is available at a reasonable cost. Unlike Indian colleges, you don’t have to pay a heavy amount for studying medicine. Additionally, the cost of living is also cheap. Delicious and healthy food is available at a low price.
What are the Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant’s age should be 17 or above before 31st December at admission year.
- Aspirants must have a valid passport.
- Applicants must have passed Higher Secondary Certificate education from a recognized board.
- He / She must have secured at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects.
- Applicants of Indian origin must have qualified NEET-UG entrance examination to take medical admission abroad as directed by NMC.
Medical College Intake Process
- College’s registration process starts in March.
- Application process ends before June or July.
- Admission starts from September/October.
- New session starts after the admission procedure ends.
Enam Medical College Admission Procedure
Admission procedure of EMC starts from September/October onwards. Students seeking admission must have to fulfill the criteria to get admission. Colleges do not conduct any entrance examinations for admission. Rather, they provide admission on the basis of marks obtained in 10Th and 12th and some other factors such as performance and behavior of the student. Admission process is transparent in nature.
Steps to apply
- Visit the official website.
- Fill the application form by entering details correctly.
- Attach the scanned copies of documents.
- Pay the application charges and submit the application form.
- One’s your application and documents get verified by the college, you will receive a confirmation letter by the college.
- After getting a letter you have to pay first year MBBS tuition fees.
- Start immigration formalities and apply for a Visa.
- Also take the permission of the Ministry of External Affairs, India.
- Get your Visa by the Embassy of Bangladesh in your country.
- Book the tickets and move to Bangladesh.
Documents required for Admission
- 10Th and 12th education mark sheets and certificates.
- NEET scorecards.
- A valid passport or other nationality proof.
- School leaving certificate.
- Passport size photographs.
- Birth certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- No Criminal Certificate.
- Bank statement records.
- Fee payment receipt.
Enam Medical College Ranking and Recognition
- EMC is recognized by many medical councils including Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council and Medical Council of India.
- College is also listed in the list of international directory of Medical Schools namely, IMED and FAIMER.
- College is acknowledged by the Ministry of Education, Bangladesh and Ministry of Health and Welfare.
- EMC is affiliated to Dhaka University.
Why to choose EMC
- EMC is a prestigious medical college in Bangladesh.
- The College campus is equipped with modern Infrastructure and latest technology.
- College believes in holistic development of the students and that’s why they provide equal attention to the extra academic activities as well.
- EMC is enriched with educated faculty members.
- The Quality of MBBS Course is as per the international standard.
- The medium of MBBS is English for International students.
- The MBBS degree provided by the college is world-wide accepted.
- Indian students aren’t required to spend a lot of money on MBBS studies from Enam Medical College.
- Hostels of the college are well-ventilated and rooms are also spacious.
- No donation cost is required for admission.
- Direct and hassle free admission provided to the students.
- No IELTS or TOEFL test scores are required for English fluency.
- College has a well-furnished library with excellent seating arrangement. Library has a wide collection of books, journals, reference books, etc.
- There are six big lecture halls equipped with the latest teaching tools, audio visual facility, high speed internet, air conditioner, etc.
To summarize, Enam Medical College is an excellent institute for medical training courses. Pursuing MBBS from EMC is a wise investment. Students taking training from this institute will definitely reap the benefits lifelong and will get great experience in medicine. Since, the MBBS done from Bangladesh is valid in India. Thus, students can practice as a Doctor in India after qualifying the FMGE test.