Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad is a private deemed university that was founded in 2005. The university has been accepted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and is accredited with an ‘A’ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Furthermore, the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories has certified the Department of Molecular Biology & Genetics (NABL).
The Medical Council of India has also recognized the institution. KIMS Karad is another name for the university. The main campus is 57 acres in size, and the university has 284 faculty members. According to the official website, KIMS Karad’s objective is to develop skilled and caring professionals with solid knowledge and exceptional talent.
The institution provides 68 programs at the diploma, undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate levels. For M.B.B.S. and B.D.S. admission, the university takes NEET scores into consideration. For admission to M.D./M.S. and M.D.S. programmes, candidates must get a valid NEET PG and NEET MDS score.
The KIMS Karad campus includes modern and improved facilities for the convenience of students and faculty personnel. The university’s infrastructure is also being updated.
Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences- Summary
|Institute name||Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Type of institute||Private (deemed to be university)|
|Affiliated||National Accreditation for Testing and Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University.|
|Approved by||NMC, DCI, UGC, and Medical Council of Malaysia.|
|Courses offered||UG and PG courses|
|Address||KIMS, NH4, Pune – Highway, Dist. Satara, Agashivnagar, Malkapur, Maharashtra 415539|
|Admission||Admission to any courses will be based on NEET scores, and counselling.|
The institute is located at NH4, Pune – Bangalore Highway, Agashivnagar, Malkapur, Maharashtra. Kolhapur Airport is the closest airport to the university. It is located 72.2 kilometres distant from the campus. Karad Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad, located 8.3 kilometres away. Karad Bus Stop is 2.9 kilometres away from the institution.
The institution provides 68 courses at four different levels: diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral. Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences offers 1 diploma, 9 Undergraduate, 54 Postgraduate, and 13 PhD programs. The university offers all of its courses full-time. The KIMS Karad UG course lasts anywhere from 2 to 5.5 years. PG courses, on the other hand, last between two and three years.
The fee of MBBS is budget-friendly. The MBBS fees of the first year is approximately 21 lakhs. The total fees of. The full time MBBS degree is around 93.92 lakhs. The NRI candidates have to pay $50,000 per year. However, apart from tuition fees, the candidates have to pay additional charges such as one time registration fees.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Course
The following are some basic requirements that applicants must fulfil-
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old as of December 31st of the admission year.
- Applicants must have finished 10+2 or be graduates of a Higher Secondary School or equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- In 12th grade, the candidate must have studied biology (bio-technology) as well as physics and chemistry as core subjects.
- The minimum 12th grade score for general students is 50%, 40% for ST/SC students, and 45% for OBC students.
- The candidate must have taken and passed the most current NEET UG exam with valid marks.
UG Admission Procedure of the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
Candidates seeking admission to academic programs must meet the eligibility requirements of the selected course.
- Attend NEET and fill out the university application form.
- Take part in university counselling.
- Candidates have been offered seats.
- Candidates must come to campus.
- Submit required documentation and pay course costs.
Admission to M.B.B.S. and B.D.S. programmes at KIMS Karad are based on candidates’ NEET scores. To be admitted, you must receive valid marks as per the college’s cut-off.
Documents Required for Admission
- Class 10 certificate and marksheet
- NEET Admit Card Scorecard or Rank Letter.
- Demand Draft.
- Certificate and mark sheet for Class 12.
- Proof of identification (Aadhar/PAN
- Card/Driving License/Passport).
- Photographs in passport size.
- Caste Certificate Provisional Allotment Letter (if applicable).
- Certificate of Disability (if applicable).
Students can apply for a variety of scholarships at the university. Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Karad scholarships are provided to students who come from low- income families and have a strong academic record. Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements to be eligible for KIMS Karad scholarships. Among the scholarships available to KIMS Karad students are the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF, the Postgraduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child, and others. Eligible students can apply for scholarships by visiting the national scholarship portal.
KIMS Infrastructure and Facilities
The university’s 55-acre campus contains new and modern facilities and infrastructure. The Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences has a big library, separate hostels for boys and girls, two contemporary gyms, a canteen, an auditorium, and other amenities. WiFi is available throughout the university’s campus for students and faculty members.
Furthermore, the university features a multi-specialty hospital on campus to meet the medical requirements of students, staff, and faculty members. Apart from these, students can use the IT infrastructure, transportation service, bank, ATM, guest room, convenience stores, and sports facilities at KIMS Karad. Krishna Hospital is affiliated with KIMS Karad, which has 1125 beds.
Every year, university students are given a plethora of placement and internship opportunities. Various events, such as guest lectures, seminars, and workshops, are held to prepare students for KIMS Karad placements.
How Do I Get There?
It is one of the best institutes for pursuing MBBS courses. The student can reach the institution through rail, bus or flight.
- Karad is located in Maharashtra’s Satara district, 320 kilometers from Mumbai and 159 kilometers from Pune.
- Kolhapur Airport is 72 kilometers away from the college.
- Karad Railway Station is around 4 kilometers from Karad bus stand on Karad Vita Road, near Okalewadi.
- NH48 connects four of India’s ten most populated cities, including Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, and Pune.