MM Institute of Medical Sciences and Research was founded in 2003. (Maharishi Markandeshwar Deemed University was started in 2003). It is known as MM Medical College Ambala and is located in Ambala, Haryana. The Institute is one of Haryana’s major and prominent medical colleges. It provides medical education. The National Medical Commission has approved MM Medical College Ambala, which is connected with Maharishi Markandeshwar University (NMC).
The Medical Institute is furnished with superb state-of-the-art facilities, including a full-fledged hospital with 940 teaching beds. In this article, we have shared the complete details of MM Institute of Medical Sciences and Research.
MM Institute of Medical Sciences and Research – Overview
|Institute type||Deemed university|
|Affiliated university||Maharishi Marakandeshwar university, India|
|Courses||UG, PG, and SS and diploma courses|
|Entrance exam||NEET UG and PG Accepted|
|Address||MMINS, Mullana, Ambala, Haryana 133207, India|
|MBBS duration||4.5 years|
Courses Offered at MMISR
Graduate degree in medicine (MBBS) and postgraduate courses MD/ MS/ Super Speciality courses are available at MM Medical College Ambala (All recognized). MM Institute of Medical Sciences Mullana is well-known national medical institute in India with NRI foreign national students. Admission to MBBS degree in MMISR is based on the NEET-UG scores.
Admission to the Diploma, Doctor of Medicine (MD), and Master of Surgery (MS) programs at MM Medical College Mullana is based on the score acquired in the National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test (NEET-PG), which is administered by the National Board of Examinations Agency (NBE).
Duration of MBBS course is 4.5 years with one-year mandatory rotation internship. The course is divided into three parts; pre-clinical, paraclinical and clinical. Additionally, one year internship helps to get hand experience.
|Pre-clinical||Semester 1-2||Anatomy, biochemistry, physiology|
|Para clinical||Semester 3-5||Community medicine, forensic medicine, pathology, pharmacology, microbiology, clinical posting.|
|Clinical||Semester 6-9||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
MBBS Fees Structure
The MM Institute of Medical Sciences MBBS fees for each quota are listed below. Aside from tuition, you must pay a variety of other costs during the admissions process.
The tuition fees of MBBS degree is 15,00,000 per year with 10% increment every year.
|Development fund||1,35,000 with 10% increment|
|Uni. Charges||18,300 per annum|
|Total course fees for NRI||47, 850 USD|
MBBS Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the admission in MBBS course and other UG courses are written below.
- The candidates applying for MBBS must be an Indian citizen.
- Students must have passed the 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Zoology & Botany).
- Candidates seeking admission to MBBS programs must have completed their Class 12th examination with a PCB of 50% for the general category and 40% for the backward category.
- For admission through the All-India Entrance Exam, the student must be an Indian national (NEET).
- Students must be 17 or older as of December 31st of the year of admission.
Admission to various programs at Maharishi Markandeshwar Institute of Medical Sciences Ambala is dependent on NEET results. The students’ needs to apply through NEET entrance exam. A candidate needs to obtain minimum cut-off to secure a seat.
- The College Cut-off is the minimum mark set by the selection committee for student admission. Based on these cutoff scores, a merit list will be created. Applicants to the Institute must meet the Cutoff for various programmes.
- To qualify for further admission, aspirants must get a minimum qualifying percentile mark in the NEET entrance examination.
- SC/ ST/ OBC candidates must obtain at least the 40th percentile in order to be selected for AIQ and the state counselling process.
- Candidates in the UR category must achieve at least the 50th percentile.
|UR/EWS/ & PH||116-105|
|OBC/SC/ST & PH||104-93|
Over 175,000 books, CDs, films, dissertations, standards, and back volumes, as well as over 12,000 print and e-journals, are available in libraries affiliated with INFLIBNET, DELNET, NPTEL, and others.
The Medical College features five gallery-style lecture halls, while the hospital has one.
There are four lecture halls and one in the hospital, each with a seating capacity of 200 people and full sound display facilities, as well as another with a capacity of 350 pupils.
There are also two examination halls, each with a capacity of 250 students and an area of 200 square meters.
- The MM Medical College Hospital features a 30-bed emergency department that provides comprehensive life-saving emergency medicine. Medical and surgical emergencies can be handled 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- It has 940 indoor beds for public wards, private wards, and acute care.
- It contains 14 major functioning cinemas and 7 minor working theaters.
- The hospital labor room is well-equipped, with two work units and twenty-five beds.
- Rural and urban health training centers are classified as health centers.
- RHTC is located kilometers from the college.
- UHTC is located in, kilometers from the campus.
Faculty and Staff
This college has a strong ratio of well-trained and highly educated staff members who are equipped with latest technologies. It also supplies a sufficient quantity of non-technical employees to provide a self-learning environment for the students. They are responsible for contributing to and maintaining the quality of medical education at MM Medical College Ambala as faculty members.
If you are looking for admission and are confused about the MM Medical College Ambala MBBS Intake Capacity, we have listed the Medical College Ambala total seats for MBBS students in Under Graduation.
MBBS: 150 seats.
How to Get There?
- It is 200 kilometers north of New Delhi.
- NH 152 connects it to Kaithal, the state capital of Chandigarh.
- Ambala is an important railway divisional headquarters in the Northern Railway Zone, located 36 kilometers from the campus and a 50-minute drive away.
- Chandigarh International Airport, which is 42 kilometers away.
Since its establishment in 2003, the Institute has evolved from strength to strength, peaking as the most important Institute in northern India. The Institution is dedicated to developing professionals capable of practicing independently. The Institution’s goals are to build a firm basis for academic and scientific advancements among medical professionals.