MECEE PG 2023 application will be released in the month of October, 2023 for admission to MD/MS courses in Nepal. MECEE PG stands for Medical Education Common Entrance Examination of Post Graduate Level. This is a national level medical PG entrance examination in Nepal for admission to various MD/MS programs in Nepalese medical colleges. The MECEE PG is conducted by the Medical Education Commission of Nepal. The frequency of the examination is annual. The exam is being held for both Nepalese and Foreign candidates. Candidates who are interested in getting enrolled in medical PG courses in Nepal must submit an online application through the official website.
MECEE PG 2023: Medical PG Entrance Exam in Nepal Overview
|Name of the exam||MECEE PG|
|Full form||Medical Education Common Entrance Exam for Post Graduate Program|
|Conducting Authority||Nepal Medical Education Board|
|Frequency of exam||Once in a year|
|Offered Courses||MD/MS, MDS and other PG courses|
|Date of exam||Dec, 2023|
MECEE PG 2023 Exam Dates (Important Dates)
Candidates who are preparing for MD MS entrance examination in Nepal must note these important dates. Kindly remember these dates-
|Notification Released||Oct, 2023|
|Online application starts||Oct, 2023|
|Last date to submit online application||Nov, 2023|
|MECEE PG 2023 exam date||Dec, 2023|
|Result||To be updated|
|Counselling||To be updated|
MECEE PG Nepal Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to study their medical PG in Nepal, they should meet certain eligibility criteria to get admission in programs. Make sure these eligibility criteria are the entry barrier for aspirants who they need to fully fill.
- Indian candidates must have an MBBS degree from a recognized medical college and have successfully completed a one-year compulsory internship.
- Candidate must be registered with National Medical Council of India (NMC).
- MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery)
- MD Ayurveda (Kayachikitsa)
- Master in Nursing/Midwifery/M.Sc Nursing
- Pharm (Master in Pharmacy)
- Sc Pharm (Master of Science in Pharmacy)
- MDS (Master in Dental Surgery)
- Sc Clinical/Medical Biochemistry
- Sc MIT (Master of Science in Medical Imaging Technology)
- Optom (Master in Optometry)
- MPH (Master of Public Health)
- Sc PH (Master of Science in Public Health)
- MPhil in Clinical Psychology
MECEE PG Application form 2023
MECEE PG registration will start soon at MEC official website. Candidates’ who are interested in appearing in the Medical PG entrance exam in Nepal must submit an online application before the due date. The mode of application is online and no offline applications will be entertained.
All the details regarding submission of online application have been already published in official notification by Medical Education Board of Nepal but here I will explain in detail.
How to apply for MECEE PG
- The mode of application is online and it will be available at https://entrance.mec.gov.np.
- Read all details carefully published in official notification.
- Pay prescribed application fee of NPR 8000/- in a given account of Himalayan Bank Limited and get a bank voucher.
- Click on MECEE PG application link and enter registered mobile number, email id as well as bank voucher number i.e. transaction id.
- Complete online application will be opened.
- Fill out all details carefully such as personal details, academic details and address.
- Upload photograms and other scanned copies of documents such as marksheet, medical council registration, passport and bank voucher in required format.
- Review your application and check all the filled details twice.
- Now submit your application and download the system generated confirmation page for further references in the exam and admission process.
|Entrance exam fee||NPR 8000/-|
|Mode of payment||Direct despite being a branch of Himalayan Bank Limited, Mobile banking, Master/Visa cards, American Express and Union Pay international etc.|
Candidates who are going to apply for the entrance exam, must keep the following document in digital format.
- Bank voucher which includes transaction reference number (TRN/Request unique ID/ Transaction code) and applicant’s mobile number.
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Scan copy of passport/adhar card.
- Scan copy of signature.
- Transcript and certificates of relevant bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Professional council registration certificate of respective country.
Eligibility admission (Foreign candidates)
- Candidates should secure a minimum 50th percentile in the entrance exam to get admission.
- Admission in various programs will be done by a matching process.
- Those who appear in entrance examinations conducted by the Medical Education Commission will be given first priority in admission.
MECEE PG exam Pattern
So, let’s talk about the nature of the examination i.e. exam pattern. Examination is to be held online and it is a CBT (Computer based test). There will be a total of 200 numbers questions and all are multiple choice types. There is no negative marking provision in the exam. The duration of the examination is 3 hours (180 minutes) and the medium of language is English.
Candidates will be able to download their admit card online through official website. Hall ticket will be released at official website 4 days before the exam and the same can be downloaded by entering login credential.
MECEE PG Result
Medical Education Commission, Nepal will release the result and rank card to candidates who will appear in the examination. Counselling or admission process will be based on the scorecard. The result can be downloaded through MEC Nepal official website.