Candidates who desire to apply for NEET PG 2023 must be aware of the examination’s eligibility requirements. The inability to pay attention to minor elements in the NEET PG eligibility criteria may result in application rejection. Read this blog to know the detailed eligibility criteria.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should be aware that the NEET PG eligibility criteria include key parameters such as age, education, qualification, certifications, and others that candidates must meet. Candidates who do not meet the NEET PG exam qualifying requirements will be denied admission.
In the information pamphlet, the authority will issue the eligibility requirements. The prerequisites for All India Quota (AIQ) 50% seats, Foreign Nationals (FN), Foreign Medical Graduates (FMG), and common requirements will be listed in a separate information bulletin.
Eligibility Criteria 2023 for NEET-PG
The following points discuss the NEET PG 2023 qualifying standards, which are the same for all candidates regardless of category, country, domicile, and so on.
Qualifications in education
Candidates must hold an MBBS degree or a Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate as recognized by the Indian Medical Council Act of 1956.
Certificate of registration
Candidates must have a permanent or provisional MBBS qualification registration granted by NMC, State Medical Council (SMC).
NEET PG applicants must complete their one-year internship before July 31, 2023, according to the eligibility criteria.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria for 50% Seats
Medical graduates from the state of Jammu and Kashmir are not eligible for AIQ 50% seats, according to the NEET PG 2023 eligibility criteria.
Only candidates from J&K who have been nominated by the Government of India under central pool seats for studying MBBS at Jammu and Kashmir medical colleges would be entitled for AIQ 50% seats. These candidates must provide a suitably signed affidavit stating that they have been nominated by the Government of India in the aforementioned category.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Medical Graduates
Citizens who obtained their primary medical qualifications degree from medical schools located outside of Indian territory. The eligibility requirements for such candidates are listed below.
- Foreign medical graduates must have passed the FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Examination) (Screening Test).
- Foreign nationals are required to register with MCI/NMC.
- Candidates must complete their internship on or before May 31 in order to be eligible for NEET PG.
- On the day of the Exam, candidates must carry their FMGE pass certificate provided by NBE.
Eligibility Criteria for 50% Seats Foreign Nationals
Foreign nationals must meet the eligibility criteria listed below in order to take the entrance exam.
- Foreign Nationals are no longer need to be registered with NMC when taking the exam as of 2019.
- The NMC is authorized to issue candidates with temporary registration. This is true if they pay the registration price. Candidates should be aware that, according to the NEET PG eligibility requirements, the registration will be valid only for the duration of the Postgraduate course.
- Foreign nationals must be mandatorily registered with their country’s competent registering authority in order to obtain temporary registration.
What is NEET PG?
The test will be conducted online. Admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD)/ Master of Surgery (MS) programmes available across the nation’s government, recognized medical universities, and other private medical colleges will be awarded through NEET PG 2023.