NEET SS 2024 will be conducted in the first week of Sept, 2024 and the application is likely to be released in the month of July. NEET SS stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test – Super Speciality. It is another popular medical entrance examination for admission in DM/MCh and Dr.NB courses. This super speciality examination is being conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE). NBE is the only authorised agency to release the notification and application form.
DM/MCh and Dr.BN are super speciality courses in India. Doctors can enroll in the course after their PG. Candidates who qualify the NEET SS will get admission in various government and private medical schools across the country. Friends, in this article, we have covered all essential and detailed information about NEET SS 2024.
Latest Updates =>
- NEET SS application form will be released in the 3rd week of July, 2024.
- The examination is likely to be conducted on 1st Sept, 2024.
|Name of Examination
|National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Super Specialty
|National Board of Examination (NBE)
|DM/ M.Ch and Dr NB Super Specialty courses
|Once in a year
NEET SS Exam Date 2024
|Dates 2024 (Tentative)
|Application Form Release date
|3rd week of July 2024
|Deadline to submit application form
|1st week of August 2024
|2nd week of August 2024
|Final correction window to rectify images and signature
|3rd week of August 2024
|4th week of August 2024
|Entrance Exam date
|1st week of September 2024
|3rd week of September 2024
|Announcement of Result
|3rd week of September 2024
|Commencement of academic session term
|1st week of October 2024
|Last date up to which candidates can admitted
|4th week of October 2024
NEET SS Eligibility Criteria 2024
Eligibility criteria is the entry barriers which an aspirant needs to fulfil before applying for the examination. So, to appear in NEET SS candidate need to follow given eligibility criteria-
- Candidates who want to apply for NEET SS must have a Post Graduate Medical Degree (MD/MS/DNB) or equivalent from a recognized board and institution before 15th Sept, 2024.
- Candidates who are appearing in the final year academic examination are also eligible to appear in NEET SS 2024.
NEET SS Application Form 2024
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test – Super Speciality application form will be released in July, 2024. The online application will be available on the official website of National Board of Examination (NBE). The mode of application is online and no other mode of application will be entertained. The application form will be submitted in various steps such as registration, payment and confirmation. To submit the online application kindly follow below steps-
- The online application form will be available on NBE official website in July, 2024
- The registration process is completely online and notification will be released on the official website.
- Candidates are required to read official notification carefully before proceeding with application.
- Fill the application form with basic details such as Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Educational qualification etc.
- Complete application process with all required details including documents.
- Review all filled information carefully before final submission.
- Pay prescribed application fee and download confirmation page.
Medical aspirants who want to appear in NEET SS examination are required to pay a prescribed application fee during registration. Without paying the prescribed amount the application can’t be submitted.
- Application fee will be submitted online only.
- Application fee can be paid via various payment methods such as Debit/Credit Cards and Net banking.
- The application fee – Rs.4230/- for all category candidates.
Let’s discuss the nature of the examination. We can understand NEET SS exam pattern in following table-
|The examination will be completely Online (Computer Based Test)
|Duration of the examination will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
|There will be multiple choices type questions (MCQs)
|Total Number of Questions
|150 questions to be asked
|+4 Marks will be given for each correct answer.
|-1 will be deducted for each wrong attempt
NEET SS Syllabus
Let’s talk about the syllabus of NEET SS examination. Well, the syllabus is not fixed for this super speciality exam. Questions are to be asked from all topics of MBBS and MD/MS studies.
Subjects for feeder course and super speciality course will be limited to be prepared. The complete information about the syllabus will be published in official notification.
The admit card will be available to those candidates who have submitted an online application form successfully. The admit card will be released in the last week of August, 2024. The admit card can be downloaded online through the official website. Same can be accessed via entering login credentials.
The admit card will consist of essential details about the examination such as Name, date of exam, examination centre, reporting date and time. The admit card will also display important notice to read before the examination.
NEET SS Result
NEET SS results will be released by the conducting authority. National Board of Examination (NBE) is the conducting authority of the examination. NBE will publish the result on their official portal in the third week of Sept, 2024. All appeared candidates will be able to download their result or score card. Login ID and password will be required to view the result. Candidates need to provide their NBEMS ID and password to access the result.
NEET SS counselling
Counselling process will be started in the first week of Oct, 2024. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), government of India is the conducting authority. Only shortlisted candidates will be able to participate in the common counselling organized by MCC for NEET Super Speciality.
There will be various steps and processes in the counselling. The allotment will be purely based on rank scored in the examination.
NEET SS Participating Institutes
- CMC Christian Medical College, Vellore
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences AIIMS, Rishikesh
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences AIIMS, Bhubaneswar
- Armed Forces Medical College AFMC, Pune
- Pt Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore
- Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- Kasturba Medical College KMC, Manipal
- Indira Gandhi Medical College IGMC, Shimla
- King George’s Medical University KGMU, Lucknow
- Government Medical College GMC, Nagpur
- Christian Medical College CMC, Ludhiana
- Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Government Medical College and Hospital GMCH Chandigarh
- Regional Institute of Medical Sciences RIMS Imphal
- BJ Government Medical College BJMC Pune
- University College of Medical Sciences UCMS Delhi
- Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Karad